Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Annual Report

View attachment 133242 So its now been a year since the HJ60 became my only vehicle and I thought a summary of key info may be worth recording.
Mileage done - 20,000
Issues:
Multiple flat batteries corrected by 2 alternator rebuilds. The first by an incompetent thieving shark and the second by a 45 yr veteran in the field.
Backlash and clonking during speed changes required transfer box rebuild so opted to do gearbox and clutch too. Then found crank rear oil seal also needed doing.
The MOT required track rod ends.
Tyres are BFG AT2 which look like new after 20k miles.
Due now - front brake and hub rebuilds while in there.
Off road prep, just a snorkel so far. Want to extend breathers and fit rock sliders and a recovery winch before its virgin trip in the goo.
Very pleased with how its rolling restoration is going and the feeling of being king of the road while cruising to and from the pasty factory
One year on and just past 190,000 miles:
Front axle was rebuilt including brake back plates which were very expensive. Hilux calipers and pad uprade included which is so much better.
OME light duty springs and shocks fitted which has transformed the vehicle.
BMW X3 front seats with “Torfab” brackets which are a huge improvement over the standard seats. X3 seatbelts also fitted.
Spare wheel crank mech replaced and spare now resides under the car in the right place.
Clutch release bearing replaced as squeaking was too irritating. The previos one had only done 10,000 miles. Perfect now.
BFG’s now getting worn on the front after 35000 miles but will probably last another 6 months.
Next plan is to fit a fridge freezer. And the exhaust is blowing!!

I just had a look at those Torfab brackets - it's a pity they don't make them for the 80.

One year on and just past 190,000 miles:
Front axle was rebuilt including brake back plates which were very expensive. Hilux calipers and pad uprade included which is so much better.
OME light duty springs and shocks fitted which has transformed the vehicle.
BMW X3 front seats with “Torfab” brackets which are a huge improvement over the standard seats. X3 seatbelts also fitted.
Spare wheel crank mech replaced and spare now resides under the car in the right place.
Clutch release bearing replaced as squeaking was too irritating. The previos one had only done 10,000 miles. Perfect now.
BFG’s now getting worn on the front after 35000 miles but will probably last another 6 months.
Next plan is to fit a fridge freezer. And the exhaust is blowing!!

I'm over the moon with my Snomaster dual fridge/freezer.

I'm over the moon with my Snomaster dual fridge/freezer.
Yes thats the target one but want a dual zone so can run fridge in one half and fridge in other rather than either /or. Prob need 60 / 80 litre capacity. Thanks for the info AM

Another year gone in the blink of an eye! Cruiser running perfectly with 220k miles just clicked over so 30k this year. Quite uneventful with a new set of tyres and an arb bush the only requirements.
Did get an engle fridge freezer in the end with an agm battery and redarc dcdc charger.
Unfortunately got promoted at work so no free time anymore and only managed one camping trip this year but hoping to catch up with whats been going on here

Back