Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

another drone but????

What specifically do you see this doing that most dji cant ?

the price would be a good start
but we all know the dji are very good
took my dji ph 2 to Bulgaria and now need another for spain next year

but like the mavic pro

Seems a lot of features for an affordable price. I'm not sure if it could be flown off of follow me mode. Don't know much about these things but they look like fun. :)

brought a dji mavic pro
now guess what its a christmas persent from the wife

i bloody pay for it

have i got christmas wrong do we have to pay for our own persents

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its a great drone, enjoy.

When I used it on my trip, I used the filters all the time. There a worth wile investment.

G.

I like the look of the Mavic Pro as well, it has fold-in arms and looks much more usable than some.

Comes in a bit steep though at 700 - 850 quid...

The flypro xeagle drone in the video needs a wristband to guide it whereas the Mavic doesn't and as far as I can see there's no camera with the eagle... for 800 odd quid

Hi

I might treat myself to this one for Christmas.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K

Its about half the price of the Mavic Pro when you include the 3 batteries. Generally the reviews are very good. Few cons, about twice the size when packed down. Not found a car charger. Only fun feature not present is "follow me".

Looks like a fun cheaper alternative to the Mavic Pro.

G

I really want to get into drones to expand my photography but I need the follow me feature and the prices are often too high for anything half decent. The only thing with this one is that it appears you can't previoew your photos/video from the ground so until it gets back you don't know if you've got the shot you wanted. At the price though, could be well worth a punt.

bugger i just bought one! I hope it works........ 300m distance max and 22 mins flying max - doesnt sound too bad. It is my first drone, and the abilty of auto landing and take off appeals cos I cant crash it :)

The reviews are generally very good. Just can't beat it for the price. The main issue I have heard of is the battery falling out, which is pretty serious one :(. Might be worth adding something to help secure the battery.

My thoughts on drones are;
The Mavric Pro is an amazing drone and I'm really glad I had it on my Pyrenees trip. But its not perfect.The follow me feature is fun but right ball ache to get working and really needs someone to check it while your drive, so they might as well fly it. I wasted a lot of time and a few cursed words getting to work. Needs 4K 60fps. The connection between the controller and phone can be a bit of a pain. Its still early days for drones and there are going to be huge technological advances in the future. This is why I hired the Mavric from a friend for 2 months. Cost me £350. He's happy, helps reduce his cost. I'm happy as it cost me a quarter of the purchase price. I knew once I done the trip I wont miss it and I haven't. So were both quids in. So why the Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K? Bit of fun at a an affordable price. I'm going to be going back home to Guernsey for Xmas for a couple of weeks. so it be good to have one there. I still not 100% made my mind up. I'm a little concerned about the size of it. If a had had some some spare cash, I would get the Mavric without any hesitation. But I don't :(.

There's my thoughts.

G.

I have the DJI phantom 3, with the 4k camera. Got it second hand off a work mate. It's done a sum total of 38hrs flying, 32 of those have been me in the last 6 months. It's not a small drone, but it's quite a nice little thing.

He's replaced this with a mavric. For the smaller size and better handling in windy conditions. We have done a few outings flying together ( in Germany), and the size and handling charateristics of the mavric make it much better for use in built up areas. Other than that, the phantom is about as good if not better - eg the extra size makes it more predictable and the gps mode i find more accurate. Plus spares are a bit cheaper :)

The lack of a follow me feature isn't a problem, a few third party apps do a reasonable job of it.

Hi yes I did. It looks like a good bit of kit. It was far too cold when it arrived to hang around outside waiting for a GPS signal so I could have a play. Since then we have been in uk, but, as i type we are at the tunnel waiting for a train back to France. When the weather is good enough I will get into the garden for a flight and let you know

Back