Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another from a land down under.

feisty

Hi. I'm Mark.
Onto my 2nd cruiser. It's a 2000 turbo diesel IFS 100 series. Bought it 2 years ago with 99 thousand km on the clock. Totally stock.

It has a few mods aimed at making it a better off road tourer and for towing an off road hard floor camper.

Bilstein suspension. Welded A arms. Airbags. 3 " exhaust. Steinbauer chip. Snorkel. Single half drawer with a fridge and fridge slide. UHF. Arb bull bar and winch and other stuff I'm sure.

Crossed the Simpson desert last year. The simspon is the largest sand dune desert on earth. Crossing 1100 dunes was a pretty good test of suspension and performance. The 100 did it easily without getting stuck once.

Next trip is to the top of Australia in November chasing Barrumundi. A round trip of 7 thousand km. Mostly sealed roads so there will be few challenges.

Future mods are limited. A better intercooler when time permits and maybe a front diff lock to compliment the rear factory locker.

And the thing I love most about my 100. The console fridge. Yeehah!

I have enjoyed browsing your forum. Lots of great ideas to be had.

Cheers!
035b4a7ad54e56c64fa37662d340776b.jpg
6b457ee58d8bf921207ac7def9d7c6a6.jpg

Last edited:
australia-flag-06.gif
Yep, Nice looking truck and a great introduction, welcome to the forum Mark.

Welcome Mark from another Aussie. Nice looking 100 series.
Cheers
Chris.

Thanks all. Pretty happy with it. Can't see the point in updating. After all it is only a series old..... plus it is only 9 years off being able to put on a club plate scheme for 'historic' vehicles (any vehicle over 25 years old). Which allows you to drive it 90 days a year. Registration costs drop from $860 currently to about $100. A nice saving and worth the wait!

Great intro and lovely truck, welcome to the forum Mark.:thumbup:

Awaiting more adventure pics....:lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Popped the bonnet today and remembered what mods I didn't include: three 120 a/h batteries. Isolator. Rated tow hooks on the front and a 4gx wifi hotspot with antenna for when reception is marginal.

Back