Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another MPG question .......sorry

94 12v manual (stock),

Post No 183 in 'My LC 80 thread' http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/my-lc-80-thread.365673/page-10

Steady 80 MPH, with (allegedly) bursts of 100 MPH = 23.92, checked and double checked over a two way journey covering 649 miles.

If the lead boot was removed (would need surgery) 25 MPG is easy with perhaps more being super sissy?

EDIT: Found a recent fuel info report. 800 miles, speeds varying form 80 MPG - 110 MPH, this returned 21.98 MPG.

I do seem recall after trying an 'economy run' I got around 25 -26 MPG? Can't find the actual figures but, when I first got the car 26 plus was easily attainable with careful driving.

regards

Dave

Last edited:
I have had 24.5 to the gallon. That was a while ago and I don't intend to revisit it in case it's less. I'm quite happy with that especially for a nearly 2.5 tonne truck with a heavy footed driver.

EDIT standard 12V diesel 81 Auto with standard size tyres…oh and about 300 kg of gear in the back. [emoji6]

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised the other day when my 94 auto 12v 80 intercooled consumption worked out as 22.75 mpg but I had been driving like a granny. :oops:

EDIT

NOT driving like a granny it goes down to 17 mpg.

I got 26mpg out of mine when it was standard but on 255 85 16 km2. It really depends on how you drive it.
We came back from the beach to make a urgent doctors apointment as my daughter was very ill and did half a tank in 100 miles. ( we will not talk about speeds but i was not a nice journey home)

thanks guys its really painting a picture of what i should roughly expect

cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My 94 12v auto will do 16mpg on short journeys around town and 26mpg on a long run at constant A road speeds (50-65). I have a roof rack, roof tent, 285 BFG mud tyres, 3" lift and big bumpers. It sucks really but it's a proper truck and I don't do many miles so I try not to think about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 94 12v auto will do 16mpg on short journeys around town and 26mpg on a long run at constant A road speeds (50-65). I have a roof rack, roof tent, 285 BFG mud tyres, 3" lift and big bumpers. It sucks really but it's a proper truck and I don't do many miles so I try not to think about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My exact reason for having the roof rack suspended on pulleys on the roof, reverse in, clip on the hooks, remove clamps and pull the entire rack along with solar panel, spare wheel (2nd) and tent straight up. Hangs up there out of the way which is great but, if it fell down and hit someone it would definitely leave a mark! :icon-biggrin:

regards

Dave

…if it fell down and hit someone it would definitely leave a mark! :icon-biggrin:

I expect it would straighten out and not show after a bit of paint/ polish. Anyway, explain to me again about putting a car in a garage? This is an alien concept for sure…
[emoji6]

I expect it would straighten out and not show after a bit of paint/ polish. Anyway, explain to me again about putting a car in a garage? This is an alien concept for sure…
[emoji6]
:icon-biggrin:

I guess I am just lucky? Large rent free garage where I do some work, and where I live the huge underground (but well lit) garage where I keep my car and van. I have never counted them but guess there is around 80 plus spaces under there?

Of course it is holiday season so that means at least 6 or 7 are occupied, including my two vehicles! :icon-biggrin:

Trying to upload pics but sometimes LCCN and my laptop fall out!

regards

Dave

1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg2.jpg

Aha found the formula!! Click manage attachments, wait for a minute or two, laptop crashes, do a hard reboot and try again, add in some harsh language and third time lucky!!

regards

Dave

Back