Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another transfer box thread!

billinjah

Country Flag
uk
So my d4d has stretched its chain I took the drain plug out and can pull the chain right off the teeth. Does anyone have a secondhand unit I could buy?

Chain, or complete box ?

Manual or Auto gearbox (Transfer boxes are different) ??

I don't have an Auto TB ready at the moment (the jobs are piling up) ??

I do have an (expensive) fully rebuilt manual box if you're desperate.

Bob.

Manual. I was hoping for a complete secondhand. Failing that my truck is low miles so a new chain maybe. I saw your expensive one for sale almost as much as the trucks worth.

I thought you'd never ask :lol:.

I have been paying £200 for a faulty box. Unfortunately there is no cheap way of re-furbishing them and I don't make anything on them - the cost is what it has cost me. I don't charge for my time so any discount is a straight loss to me.

The box I have was probably over-kill as I have replaced most components, even the bolts were new shiny ones. Its the sort of job I'd do for myself but not everyone wants that sort of thing.

OK, its not doing any good sitting in my storeroom so I'll put it down to experience. . .

Yours for £500 plus your old box, I'll pay the carriage to you, you pay the carriage to me. At least yours won't need Insurance !

Hopefully yours isn't full of mud and rust like others I've had and I can fix it without breaking the bank.

How does that sound ?

Call me a MUG.

Bob.
:doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd be having that myself if my finances were in better shape and i'm pretty sure all my box needs is a link or two removed from the chain .

What causes this chain stretch? High mileage or lack of lube or is it the high torque of the turbo diesel?

What causes this chain stretch? High mileage or lack of lube or is it the high torque of the turbo diesel?

Wish i knew but it definitely seems to be a d4d problem that never effected the 1kz much if at all so theres a timeline in it and perhaps the later chains came from a different supplier ?

Its not a power/torque issue because the 1kz delivers in brutal fashion when compared to the d4d's much smoother power curve which if anything should preserve the chain.

Because i caught someone doing it in my truck I have wondered if muppets thinking locked and low is for towing might that have something to do with it , the extra power might then be telling ?

Oh wow bob that sounds great! I don’t seem to be able to inbox you maybe because I’m a new member.

Interesting, yes I loved the quick torque delivery with my mates 1KZ when I drove it through the city.

click on his name in the side bar then "start conversation"

09FE7B38-47E1-4557-BB74-EB1EAA492382.png

Bill (presumably),

I have "Started a Conversation" with you. I have included my e-mail address and 'phone numbers.

I think you need five or more posts before you can start conversations so to kick that off why not post up some pictures of your truck :icon-question::thumbup:.

Bob.

Back