Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any people made 100 into pickups on here?

Cool project, good onya for diving in! 100/105 utes are heaps better than 79s. 79s have the same rated power as HDJ100s anyway and the wagon cans are so much nicer to be in. The post 2016 with their DPFs are total slugs - HDJ100 goes heaps better. Any power mods to the FTE and they go better than a stock 1VD easily.

It’s a pretty common conversion in here in Australia, no real pit falls and everyone seems very happy with the outcome. A couple of things though - to be good at carrying a load, and be aesthetically pleasing, they absolutely must have a chassis extension! They (and 80s) look completely wrong and have way too much overhang to for load distribution if not, 200mm minimum 300 is better.

Does a VW transporters have a steel stop side flat bed? This is without a doubt the most functional and quite easy to make as well

There is at least one company making kits here for chopping including rear panel and window. Shipping would probably be nasty though

Last edited:
You got any links?

I have a Freind who brings stuff to to yo so it would be ideal, the bulkhead and window is the problem I think. Thankyou for your help that’s very kind

You on Facebook? CAM Fabrications do a rear wall panel for AU$1045. They don’t show a single cab one, might be worth sending them a message and asking if that’s what you’re after and ask about shipping. Not sure what if it’s the sort of thing you can just put in your suitcase… although maybe see what airlines will accept for oversize luggage - wouldn’t be overly heavy. Would be easy enough to get a flat piece of glass made. If you want help sourcing stuff I can make some calls
Xx5rVHhl.png

And there’s a group with 13k members about 80/100 chopping 80 & 100 series dual cabs & utes - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Last edited:
Aaaagh No ! - that truck is lovely.

I'll swap it for my rust bucket - you can cut that up :thumbup: :lol: :lol: .

Bob.

Wedge tail that is amazing, I don’t have Facebook if you could ask them if they do a single cab bulkhead that would be amazing !

Bob the rear half of the truck is rotten bud, 330,000 miles too, it’s an ideal truck to chop.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Like I said I messenger them on messenger, hopefully they’ll do a Single cab. Body should be coming in next few weeks, the bulkhead won’t be anytime soon as needs to come over with cars coming over, my mate imports landrovers.

Just trying to get an alipsort intercooler sorted as turned the boost up and got a unichip now.

What do you mean by bulk head?

Is that a pretuned Unichip or are you going on a dyno? Which turbo have you got? I’ve got a unichip and USB cable arriving in the mail any day

So the rear wall is what we call the bulkhead, that company got back to me and they don’t do a single cab kit unfortunately, so back to the drawing board!

it’s a pre tune unichip one of the very first, I’ve done about 4000 miles on it now all seems ok. No one seems to be able to map it in the uk. Standard turbo I run but I’ve spaced the actuator out by 10mm, k and n filter, removed the centre box of the standard exhaust, egr blanked off, pre heat intake removed, decat pipe as well, I’ve locked the centre diff as well and fitted free wheeling hubs (actually The best thing I’ve done to it) peddars heavy duty suspension ahc deleted, rear spring Spacers, toyo mud tyres.

Trucks done big miles 338k, just changed the suction control valve on the pump, again should have done it months back as it runs so much better now.

damn, I haven’t been able to find anyone doing single cab 100 kits. CAM do a Patrol one but that’s about it. I guess it’s not an overly complicated panel if you attach the ribs rather than trying to integrate them.

Is your turbo a VNT or traditional/waste gate? How much boost your shooting for? I’ve got similar intake mods, although I made a 3” exhaust with straight through muffler, and it has a high flow Safari snorkel and 600x300x76 FMIC with 2.5” piping. I pulled the manifold and pipe work off and cleaned the EGR gunk when i fitted it to my 105 at 395k km, got 490 now so still young compared to yours. Is yours on original pump and injectors? Mine goes well enough (VDJ79<it<VDJ200) but looking forward to the Unichip. Im surprised no one will map it, it’s the opposite here no one will sell them without tuning on a dyno which makes them a very expensive item. Mines coming from the US, comes with a USB cable that I can upload maps onto. I’ve been looking at the euro unichip website and liking the sound of their maps if I can download them somehow. Did you chose your map? If you can be bothered you could send it Gturbo in Perth - they do very good mail order tunes on Unichips

Mine is the early non vnt

My unichip is an early one no one wants to touch over here whic is a shame I did only pay £50 for it though.

I’ve hope fully sorted an alisport front mount out as well now dude

I think its easy to set up a Facebook account Mike...My 11yr Old Niece did mine in about 3 minutes :lol: Well worth it Mate. it's a good Forum

I'm sure Nene Overland will do it for you (for the thick end of £15k!!!).

Maybe not....

Mechanically and or technically that might be a decent conversion - I have no idea.

However (IMHO) it doesn't look right. The whole pickup bed is behind the rear wheels, so looks like someone stuck it on as an afterthought. Esthetically just not right and a wasted 200 series, again all IMHO.

Completely agree Chad, looks very odd to me.... (edit: the nice Aussie conversions I've seen lengthen the chassis ahead of the back axle, lengthening the wheelbase, but not the overhang).

That 200 looks like the sort of abomination you'd see at a motor show in the 1980s when a "coachbuilder" got hold of a Jag saloon for a client in the UAE with a penchant for falconry.

Back