Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any people made 100 into pickups on here?

Weld the rear doors shut and cut it and the rear pillars as one large panel .

It might go to scrap anyway but if it matched up well enough to use as the rear of your cab it could result in a factory looking finish .

Did you ever get in touch with Tommy from West Coast Offroad might be able to help you with your truck

Yeah dual cabs MUST have a chassis extension, but i reckon single cabs are not off the hook. The cab ends up disproportionately big for the wheel base if it’s not extended and looks very out of place. Kind of like one of those weird middle eastern or Japanese short wheelbase 100s…

Here’s a local one that just popped up for sale on my Facebook feed. It’s crying out for more length between rear of cab and rear axle.

8uiSo6ll.jpg

CHkHoNTl.jpg

UxvLEXrl.jpg

pI2G2PMl.jpg

1exLPbFl.jpg

WazooPKl.jpg

Looks like it reversed into a very high curb stone and shunted the rear axle forwards or a shorter bed is needed
Take off half the bed length to bring it into some sort of proportion but that leaves you with something similar to a mantelpiece

Last edited:
Looks like it reversed into a very high curb stone and shunted the rear axle forwards or a shorter bed is needed
Take off half the bed length to bring it into some sort of proportion but that leaves you with something similar to a mantelpiece
Exactly - that’s what they all look like with no extension. And a shorter tray doesn’t help, the cab still looks way too big. It probably makes it even worse in fact, just no

Hmm - I don't know - I think shortening the deck would give it more of a tray back competition truck look - not necessarily a bad thing.. but it depends what you want to use it for, I guess.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As an aside, the Australian 4WD247 guys have both recently commissioned stretched chassis king cab conversions on a new Nissan Patrol and a new Landcruiser. Nice conversions, but the trucks are getting very large and the cost of a new truck and conversion must have been scary.... e.g.

So bed length will be about 2150 ish long, width 1940mm

Here’s the bed Il use

I know cars an anniversary model but it’s 320k and rear inner sills both sides are getting thin, outers are starting right at the very back too, so single cab will sort all that.

Chassis extensions isn’t for me so il make this work and will suit my needs.

Attachments

• 5D06FFCD-B982-40B5-B842-5D9FCD70BAF6.jpeg
    5D06FFCD-B982-40B5-B842-5D9FCD70BAF6.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 32
  • 64315548-6F33-4478-9E01-ECDCB1C6144A.jpeg
    64315548-6F33-4478-9E01-ECDCB1C6144A.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 2425BCA7-657A-4E80-9C3F-6C476DDB2CA5.jpeg
    2425BCA7-657A-4E80-9C3F-6C476DDB2CA5.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 29
Plan is to use a sprinter van bulkhead now as the rear wall, as no one seems to do a single cab conversion, I will make a roll cage around the outside for a rolled edge.

Reactions: uHu
So I’ve got another 100 I’m going to chop first to make sure I don’t waste my car, to make sure the proportions work and the sprinter bulkhead idea ect works too.

The sprinter/lt van bulkhead is made of thinner metal than is what is used on a hilux for example.. Mk4 / 5 hilux could be a stronger job imo. (as it's already a pickup in the first place)

Sprinter pickup has a much stronger rear of the cab section.

So a hilux bulkhead won’t fit as much narrower. The sprinter bulkhead will only be a skin, there’s going to be a tube which runs the whole way around, to get a rolled edge As well as create some strength again, with braces running left to right below the window line and up and down below that, the few inches of the rear doors who il seem weld into place should make some strength as well, will help tie it all in.

I must state this could all go horribly wrong hence why I’m cutting another car first !

Just read that post back makes me sound like I know what I’m doing hahahaha

I just really like the idea of an auto coil sprung cruiser pick up, on a budget.

Last edited:
My mate rob sent me this, a guy he was Working with in the forest owned it very cool.

Attachments

• 78548705-3DB8-4C14-8768-40981DFDC1B8.jpeg
    78548705-3DB8-4C14-8768-40981DFDC1B8.jpeg
    453.6 KB · Views: 21
So the purpose of this pick up I’m going to build is to drag my sj off-road car about, at the moment I have to strap box’s of spares and equipment to the Trialer, I’d like to able to load up the car a bit more, a lot of the time everything’s covered in mud, so it’s not ideal to put in a cruiser wagon. We mainly off-road in Devon Cornwall and Scotland, which is a long way from Surrey where I live, hence why we take so many spares ect with us.

Attachments

• ADDA707E-61F4-42AA-AF4B-558B00CC58F8.jpeg
    ADDA707E-61F4-42AA-AF4B-558B00CC58F8.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 27
Back