Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone a glass member

Josh Tagg

Country Flag
uk
After various trips out around the peaks (closest to me) with os maps loaded on to the iPad I've noticed half the lanes it says you can drive you actually can't. They're either closed to cars or the cruiser simply won't fit. I' just wondering how you lot know what to drive. I've seen glass has that trailwise thing, is it something you think is worthwhile? After now putting some miles on the car and using it im wanting to use it for what it's made for! Any ideas or lanes to do would be appreciated cheers

I do lanes regularly in the PD but on 2 wheels. There are some that are just too narrow for a big 4x4 like an 80 series. Exselsior track Grndleford, The Nook into Stoney Middleton, Lydgate/MillLane back up to Eyam, Hawkhill Road up to Bretton, all good lanes but can't recall the last time I saw any 4x4 using them due to the width. School Lane at Hucklow (very short) has had a 1.5m width restriction for the last year or two but I think that's just been lifted now repairs to Abney Lane are complete.There's also been closures of some great lanes over the last couple of years unfortunately. Dirtlow Rake, Pindale and Houndkirk Road seem to be the most popular with 4x4s. I used to be in the TRF but I still use Trailwise occasionally just for updates as I know all my regular lanes very well. TRF or Glass membership gives you enhanced access to Trailwise maps and you can submit updates etc but I fine the free access sufficient.

Back