Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone know Overland Cruisers

Thread swerve.
Hey Mick, we haven't seen you since the engine transplant - how's it going ?

Had a look at the fb land cruiser 80 series UK page and the sellers on there are like "rats in a sack!" :laughing-rolling: :think:

Thread swerve.
Hey Mick, we haven't seen you since the engine transplant - how's it going ?
Helllooo...., its been a long haul. The truck is back on the road and I've been using occasionally as I have a small problem but its concerning. The replacement engine runs a treat, I had the oil and filter changed after an initial 500 miles and the local garage said they couldn't fit the oil dipstick back in the tube. I double checked and its definitely the correct tube & stick for the exchange/rebuilt engine, I've got hold of a micro bore scope to have a look down the tube to decide whether to take it back to LAR4x4 (which is a haul and meaning I'll have to leave it there for a while) or remove the tube myself but access is a pig. It's capped off at the moment and not causing a problem but I can't check the oil properly. I'll know more after the weekend, onwards and upwards

Nice to hear from you Mick.
After all the buggering about with engines initially, now this !
At least this problem is not keeping it off the road at present, - IIRC, there was a problem with dipstick/tube to start ?
Apart from that, good to know the 2nd transplant went ok and is running sweet.

The dip stick on various 1kzte are different as it has to match the sump.. there's 2 different locations for the oil check.

The dip stick tubes are of different lengths also on one of mine I had to find out the oil capacity for the type of truck the sump came off then adapt the incorrect dip stick by punching marks on it when it had the correct amount of oil in the engine...

The dip stick on various 1kzte are different as it has to match the sump.. there's 2 different locations for the oil check.

The dip stick tubes are of different lengths also on one of mine I had to find out the oil capacity for the type of truck the sump came off then adapt the incorrect dip stick by punching marks on it when it had the correct amount of oil in the engine...
That's right, on this engine from a KNZ185 Surf the location is on the left (from drivers position). The tube and stick are shaped different and so awkward to get to. At least I'll get to play with a new borescope toy :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back