Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone running cooper discoverer's ?

Matt Vee

Anyone running copper discoverers?
If so what size and what pressures you running on road?
What pressure do you run off road?

Thanks

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro
235/85/16 with a 2" suspension lift (though they might fit without)
About 30ish on-road and off.

I'm very happy with these. They are quiet and grippy on road
20190728_131435.jpg

Am running stt pro 265 75 15 at 36 psi all round with Ironman 2 inch lift on an 100 think they are a bloody tyre so why change

I used Cooper Discoverer STT's 285/75/16 with a 2" suspension lift on my 80 (now sold) for many years and upgraded to Pro's when they became available, will use them again when present tyres wear out on my 100, good grip on and off road (better in the wet than BFG's)

i had stt 265/70 R 16 but iv'e now changed to AT3 s in the same size.I'm not doing the same amount of off roading as before so an AT was a better bet. running 36 PSI but i drop that down to 32 if it snows.

Out of interest, does anyone 'air down' like the yanks do? I mean, I would if I was stuck, but not otherwise.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@diggerdave For gravel and dry tracks I don't bother but for sand and wet conditions I would 'air down'. Got my trusty $20 kmart compressor to pump back up haha.

I just have some 'Roadian AT Pro Roadstone' tyres on there at the moment, came with the car but seem to be OK and still have plenty of tread in decent condition. On road I usually run about 40 PSI. When it's time though I want to get some decent ones. Not sure my wife will be up for spending $1k+ on tyres though.

There's some pretty wacky tyre pressures on here. The standard for my Collie (265x70R16) is 29PSI. They always look low at that pressure on a 4x4 tyre but it drives fine.

I’m running same as Chas was. 285/75/16 with around 38-40 psi with full time 150kg load in the back with helpers and a 30mm lift. As Chas said, they’re good in the wet. Not overly noisy either though they have had the speed rating reduced purely for the noise, they are the same tyre as before the change. Well pleased with the STT Pros. No issues apart from the occasional lock up under braking. Very heavy tyre, especially on a steel rim so the fitter might struggle if he’s only had one weetabix that morning.

Running stt pro on my 80, 35x12.50. On and off road grip is good, wet roads are good too, the bfg Mt's they replaced didn't grip wet tarmac well, I don't have issues with the coopers. Run 35psi and only air down if doing tracks with bigger rocks, they are designed to flex, normally 25 psi but will go to 18 if I feel the need.

As said they're a heavy tyre, I noticed the difference changing them from the bfg. Not too noisy on the road.

Back