Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone try for Fleetwood Mac tickets?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I spent an hour and a half this morning clicking 'tickets please' in my Ticketmaster account. I logged in early and was ready at one second past 9. I had completely open fields - any ticket, any place, any price and just kept getting the 'no tickets match your search criteria' notice. I gave up in the end when I read the news on the web saying that they'd sold out in minutes.

Hmm, how's that then? Could it be that there is jiggery-pokery going on here?

All the time, the TM website kept showing me a link to 'get me in' another website for tickets. In the end, I clicked on that and guess what? Yep, tickets for sale. All at more than face value. So let me get this straight. All the tickets sold out in minutes despite it being impossible to buy any. Then miraculously all the people who bought them realised they couldn't go as Aunty Madge from the Old Country was coming that weekend and decided to put them on a resale site? This couldn't be Ticketmaster simply washing its hands saying 'Well we have no control over what people resell the tickets for'. Well no, not unless the tickets were never actually bought in the first place but were released as 'second hand' right from the start to this website.

Looking at other sites too, I found one selling at face value. Result. Ahh, hang on - handling fee £50 and postage £10.50 WTF?

As much as I'd like to see the band, I don't think I could do so without gritting my teeth. Front row tickets were going for over £1000 each. Sorry, NO band is worth that. This is corporate hostility event companies schmoozing clients for big bucks.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. breath... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cross not Chris

Had similar issues getting tickets for Buble.... (no not for me but the Mrs... :shifty:) and had the same issue. It's a bloody scam, there is no way Mr Public can get tickets when they release them!

They pre-sell the tickets to a third party company, this underwrites the cost of the tour, and everyone gets paid up front.

The re-seller then enjoys a healthy mark-up.

Not all tours are done like this, many split it so people can buy tickets - some tours dont presell (Bruce Springsteen for example).

Exactly the same for Wilco Johnsons Farewell tour.

Tickets were supposed to be very cheap, as it was his final tour with imminent death just around the corner for the poor guy :cry:

They were sold out in minutes and were later being offered for £167 each :icon-rolleyes:

Back