Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone want a Shogun?

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
Not much bidding interest in this. I'm guessing this was an 80 rival when it was bought?

If I had a garage I'd have lot 2, the Panda.

Would have been a 70 series rival back in 89.
I picked a up few of those Mitsis going to Auction back in the day, transmission issues were regular, don't think that model was any real competition for a 70.

I'm inclined to think they were a lot cheaper than Cruisers hence a more common sight .

Father-in-law had one (and now has a more modern version). Always felt a lot less solid than a Landcruiser - more tinny if you know what I mean - definitely feels like an imitation... but as Shane says, they were a fraction of the price of a 70 or 80, when new.

There was a good few in my family and the swb was by far my fav but if the 80 was built to beat the RangeRover then the Shogun was out to hurt Defender sales .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As others have said ,
Shogun /Pajero = 70 or at best 90 series and even then a lightweight version of the 90 series
Mitsubishi wisely never attempted to enter the 80 series or 100 series rival battle
The V6 SWB Evolution ( homologation special )was a beast though and never had any rival from Toyota.... and yes I would like one in the garage

The V6 SWB Evolution ( homologation special )was a beast though and never had any rival from Toyota.... and yes I would like one in the garage
I remember Dave Jefferies getting one of these, saw it parked in the paddock at the UGP one year.

I’ve had a couple over the years a bit agricultural with the four cylinder turbo but cheap and take a kicking Good value , I’m a fan of them

I had a 2.5 TD LWB Mk1 of the same year. Loved it to bits and had virtually no problems with it until it was stolen off my drive. I still miss it but I know the 80 is a far better (and heavier built) vehicle.

Back