Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

April 2021 Upgrade - Whoops

Karl, maybe you should ask CP about being a mod. There are only two of us to police this site 24/7. What you don't see is how much goes into deleting the constant stream of crap that some folk post on here day after day. We could use some help. The next step btw way is to simply start deleting those members who just can't behave and contribute little. I've better things to do than tidy their mess.

Does the banner feature serve any useful purpose? I dunno. But if people didn't post crap it wouldn't be an issue would it. It's only an issue because of the few who can't control themselves. What we don't want to do is just start deleting offenders willy nilly because then we'll be accused of being heavy handed. Oh if I post THIS will I get banned - kind of thing. It's a difficult balance. Keep it sensible, relevant and worthwhile and no one has anything to worry about do they. step away from that too many times and I'm just going to start pulling the plug on folk. It's a Landcruiser forum first and foremost. I can overlook some of the posts to a degree when set against the contributions made, but I have to question why some people are on here at all. They don't seem able to take a hint so I guess next step is some direct action.

Chris, thanks for your reply. I wouldn't have the time or skills to be a mod unfortunately, but I dont underestimate the amount of work involved in keeping a site such as this moderated. I fully appreciate its not an easy job.

Truth is, this is the internet. People can post what they want, and nobody has any control over that. Mods can try and repair damage once its done, but the damage is done a lot quicker if something offensive ends up on the front page. To me, removing that banner should be a quick win and no real downside.

Obviously just my view for what its worth (probably not much) - see what others think!

My original point weeks ago was that the banner used to only display images that had been uploaded as media. Often these pictures came from new members who either didn't have permission to post photos or didn't know how to. As a result the turnover was very slow and the content would tend to show a rusty chassis or an exploded view of a windscreen washer motor. Is there no way to revert to this setting?

Iv never had any trouble with the site, Or any Problems with the Sort of issues folk are having, So cant really comment... Any way what i was going to say was, Im a member of the Transalp 600 owners and they have a strict NO Politics, Religion, Hate speech, Bullying. etc etc. Just Bikes and Only Bikes.... Soooo! couldn't you just keep the Various groups in the Forum Page 40/60 70 80 and so on.. And get rid of all the others, So there are No Covid/Brexit/Football/ Jesus Christ/ (or whoever you believe in)... To be fair most of them end up with the padlock symbol being issued because of every ones differing Opinions...Or Racist comments... So, Just Land cruisers and thats it, Landcruisers and all there problems.. And Not the worlds Problems... Just a thought....... Either way, But if its Clogging up the system so to speak. Then somethings got to go..... Il get 'me' Coat...

Last edited:
I shall be raising this with CP as soon as I have a moment. It might be possible to limit from which threads the media is captured. I like the pics of chassis, repairs and such like. it does look like there are things going on. When I delete a pic I have to do it twice. First from the thread and then again in the banner. It doesn't automatically do both. Let's not give into the numpties, eh.

Higgy don't get me started. I'd remove the jokes, unfunny pics, Brexit stuff in a heartbeat, but then we've had opressive moderation like that before which is how this site came into being. I'll stand anything as long as people can behave and on here compared to many other forums, you lot are extremely well behaved.

Chris, agree it is a difficult balance, - very, sometimes, and some things slip through the net.
As to deleting members "willy nilly" as you put it, as there have been several warnings, any that get deleted will not be "willy nilly", or random, so there will be nothing to complain about by anyone afterwards. Since your last warning, a member has been told to STFU by another member, because opinions differ, and the post that karl2000 mentioned, with graphics and words, that could be considered offensive, especially from the outside looking in.
I for one agree with suggestions put forward about the banner.
In a lot of cases it has become political warfare on here, a surefire way to antagonism. Opinions on everything will vary, and you cant be a censor for everyone and everything, and you can only rely on the members for restraint. It is only a minority that cause disruption, and bad feeling, and increase your your workload.
Notice seems to have been taken to one of your statements with one member at least, making more of noticeable lc contribution, in a lot of areas.
You and I have had the odd skirmish in the past, but most of us appreciate that this is not the mods and admins full time job. As some seem to think your warnings are without foundation, then you have a right to exercise your options, for the general good of the club. Your forum, your rules.
#cruisers not arguements.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's thankless and constant for sure, and to be fair to Chris he does most of it. I've had to walk away quite a few times otherwise quite a few members would be banned.

I do like a healthy debate but it can go a bit far when posters start getting personal.

Anyway, let me go scratch my 4rse and look into some of those Jesus loves you threads..

Back