Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Armoured 79 dual cab failed cash in transit heist!

Iwan

Country Flag
wales

Not the sort of thing you see every day!

Ballistic analysis.. Quite interesting how the truck is armoured..

Mmmmmm.…. Want one but would have no use for it!
intersting stuff

Never Knew the glass was that thick... Oh and one look at that Leo Prinsloo.... You wouldn't want to mess with him..

The glass thickness and the fact that the guy was sat in the seat when an ak47 was fired at the screen made me share the content. Pretty crazy!

The over lap on the door sides really showed how there's a weakness at the side of the glass!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When they are Armoured Up, Don't they end up weighing over 4Ton, Or 'summert' like that...

That 105 looks to be in good shape. I guess it's been a sleeper contractor truck somewhere, with that sort of milage.

What's that red thing right by the power steering fluid reservoir?

I wonder what will become of the truck now that they've shot it up sufficiently

@ Higgy.
Yes depending on the level of armouring.
Used to collect armoured RR's, would only put 1 on a full load of 7 RRs and that would be the last vehicle on over the trailer axles as other decks not designed for that sort of weight in such a short vehicle, windows don't open, you need arms like Charles Atlas just to open the blinking door, yes around the 4 ton mark and i don't recall ever seeing the extra overlaps but no doubt more secure plating was possible. A standard L322 was supposed to weight in at 2.5 tons, slightly lighter than the different chassised Sport/Disco 3 at 2.7 tons.
@ Bob.
Should be an easy rebuild, new windows and doors and front bumper/bonnet plus replace armour where hit, too expensive to scrap i would have thought.

The armoured BMW's are heavy, the overlaps are more hidden so quite discreet. Self healing fuel tanks and plated underneath.

The over lap on the door sides really showed how there's a weakness at the side of the glass!
Not a weakness as such....the doors are plated but there is a 2-3 mm gap around the door ...when a high velocity round finds the gap a FMJ round will splinter and parts of it will penetrate through the gap.... still lethal to anyone inside so they fit so called "splash guards" round the door and window apertures that have a profile to stop this lethal "splash" from rounds entering.
The difference in the size of these between vehicles can be for several reasons ...ie what level of protection it is designed too and also how good a panel fit and how the original doors were made on the vehicle . They will also have ballistic matting on the floor and also possibly in the doors to help stop spalling from plates if penetrated....... most have only basic protection for the engine so can be stopped pretty easily leaving the occupants sitting in an armoured box hoping for rescue / back up .

I know of an armoured Landrover that was protected up to a level that would withstand 7.62 NATO that was stopped by an airgun !! .......the guy shot the unprotected radiator forcing a hasty retreat .

Back