Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ASFIR Skid Plates and Rusty Fuel Tank.....Help!

Geordie Paul

Garage
Picked ASFIR skid plates up on friday and fitted them today, as ever a really good quality product, very pleased with the results.....just need to test them now! Roll on Parkamoor tomorrow :thumbup: :thumbup:

BUT :doh: :doh:

When i removed the old fuel tank guard i noticed that the fuel tank has some flakey spots of rust on the outside. So the question is???....How thick is the metal on a 95 fuel tank :!: , i dare not poke the rust with my srewdriver, as i would on the chassis, as i don't want a big hole and lots of fuel on the floor when i don't have a replacement :doh: :doh:

My plan is to wirebrush off the rust then treat with curerust and lashings of hammerite, then put the new skid plate back on and wait until one day when the fuel gauge plummets south :shifty:

OR....

Get a new fuel tank as a precaution..........any help is always much appreciated :thumbup:

Rust spots wouldn't worry me unduly. Never seen a tank that wasn't. I think that if you wire brush them for a look see and you go through, then you have done yourself a favour and had the incident on your drive rather than somewhere important like nipping to the off-licence. Or on the motorway at 2 in the morning coming home from Spearmint Rhino. :whistle:

if you uncover good metal then all is well. Kurust is a good product. Can't say that I'd have bothered with the tank protector from Asfir. TBH. I gave both my Colorados a good bashing and never managed to hit the tank. It's in a good place on a 90.

Chris

Thanks Chris! I will give it the works tomorrow :thumbup:

Spearmint Rhino indeed :whistle: :whistle: Me .......never.......... :oops:

Oh how soon you forget. We had a cracking night. That redhead still keeps texting me. Did the twins keep in touch?

Chris

They tried but you know how it is with work and all that, shame really, lovely tits

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Well thank you. I bet you say that to all the boys. :dance: :dance:

Enough. Stop. Let us know how you get on. With the rust, that is.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back