Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AUTO TRANSMISSION FILTER CHANGE

Cheers Jon that would be most helpful as I can't seem to get a definite straight answer from the 2 nearest dealerships and there was lots of humming and haaing but from what I saw on the diagrams it does seem to be back up what they are saying.

Prices from Westlands in Stourbridge, all plus VAT and undiscounted

35330-60010 £87.34 80 series diesel with OD button
35330-60040 £80.15 100 series diesel 4 speed
35330-60030 £65.71 100 series petrol 4 speed

:shock:

Where is the official interval period shown? I would have thought there would be many failed boxes if it were very important. Might be worth cleaning with oven cleaner and fine wire brush. Then pressure.
For seeler I've been using bog standard silicone seeler from builders merchants for years now even on EGR valves; and parts of our gas fire which get extremely hot. A slow drying one is best.Degreasing the surfaces several times is very important.. I use acetone which you can buy in most French supermarkets. Never had seeler failure.

Frank

No need to go to France for the acetone Frank, the local paint suppliers sell it :) Not sure Toyota make any recommendations about a service interval for that mesh screen but they do eventually get a bit gunked up and could stand a clean or replacement. At the prices posted I think I'll make do with cleaning the existing one in the parts washer!

P.S. hope the girls aren't being too noisy or throwing stones again.

Guys, hello,

The reason I changed mine was because my friends Merc 240E was experiencing slippage and some local garages said that it would require a full torque converter change and clutches on the autobox. This vehicle has only done 73K mileage.

But, when we got the G/Box filter and oil changed on the merc, there was no slippage whatsoever and saved a lot of wonga, approx £2K was a lot of relief.

This got me worried as I have 90K on my clock had never heard of this or ever changed the filter/strainer on my LC 100. Therefore, I took on the task of doing so, to avoid a hefty bill later on and I must say that my gearbox feels much quieter, smoother on changes and it actually feels more spritely.

So I am not sure if anyone needs to change theirs, maybe its not required on Landcruisers, but, the amount of gunk that came out of the strainer and the bottom of the gearbox sump, makes me feel that its definetly worth changing or cleaning out every so often maybe 35K is a good time.

Anyway guys I posted it for information sake and not to panic anyone.

Keep trucking amigoes......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi John
Nothing too serious. Just a large apple core on stable roof and an old banana on the grass. Reported to HW. I have the tar and feathers ready.

Frank

at least those are biodegradable! Hopefully HW will give them a talking to. No apples or bananas in Jess' lunch or she would be in touble ;)

Somebody is giving them too much food :)

Dare I ask Jon...... it is acetone the paint shop sells not cellulose thinners? If acetone, I'm low so I'll get some in.

Frank

I bought a 5l tin of Acetone, not thinners, probably 4 years ago now, I think it was from Atex Factors in Canal Street by Wickes but I expect most of them sell it.

Back