Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto windows

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
On previous cars, with auto 4 x windows, I have been able to give the "unlock" button on the keyfob, a long press, and all the windows would automatically, go fully open. Good when going to enter a hot car.

Again, if I was outside the car, I could lock the doors, and wind up all the widows, with a long press on teh "lock" button on the key fob.

Question,,,,,,,,,
Can the 120 widows be programed with these actions ?

G.

Nope. Has been a real pain twice thus year...

Sent from TapaTalk

Nope - just like you can't program the doors to lock when a specific speed is reached ...

No CAN Bus type technlogy in the 120 so it really isn't possible with the 'more basic' electronic technology that is in it.

Mind you, even some CAN Bus equipped cars still can't do it (i.e. my XC90) but that's more a software/ programming thing.

Some aftermarket alarm systems can be programmed to do it, means fitting one though :think:

Yet my humble Mk 3, 2001 diesel Mondeo can do it.......

G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Toyo ( and most of the Japs) seem to be a bit reluctant/ conservative to fit this stuff to their cars. Most Euro cars of the last 10 years or so have embraced CANBus type technology and use it to great advantage. HOWEVER, compare the Jap reliability records (not only Toyo) vs Euro and there will be a strong correlation between lack of reliability and the use of more sophisticated electronics. I suspect one of Toyota's key reliability strong points was the conservative use of this type of electronics. Not that there is anything wrong with the electronics but when it is built to a price (Renault, Citroen and Peugeot for example :roll: :roll: ) the electronics quality suffers ergo the reliability.

Back