Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Autumn Club Meet

:lol: Just happy to see you at least once a year Chas. We just need to watch our dress code I am sure people are talking about the fact we turn up to Lincomb in the same hoodie.:laughing-rolling:

:lol: :lol:

Chris, that's a very useful post. I know how much they take to organise as I was involved in some of the early ones. I had wrongly presumed that the issue here was availability. Now. If the issue is organising it but the facility is there then it is different.

The beauty of Kirton is that commercially it's all set up. No one needs to worry about insurance blah blah which has been an issue in the past. But I'd go to Lincomb even without the competition as long as there was driving in the woods and general pootling.

Of course, Kirton do also hold open camping weekends to which anyone can apply. We could all apply en masse and then there would be no minimum vehicle number. But I don't think I'd feel quite the same about that.

Karl, I hear what you are saying. It's starting to make sense now. So what we have here is the basis of a plan then.

I would be keen to have involvement, club meets are a great scene and are a great way to meet like minded people. I'm in :icon-biggrin:

I agree with you on the en masse thing Chris. I just don't think it would be the same if it wasn't just us "rabble".

As you said Kirton is set up for this kind of thing, hence the cost involved.

I don't want anyone to feel as though I am pushing for a change. Thats not what I intended it was just an idea to ease a little strain on Tony and make sure we all get together and have a good time.

How about as Trev suggested we do both. June Full on Lincomb, August Full on Kirton, Oct/Nov Lincomb get together. then maybe next year I work closer with Tony to try and arrange the 3 a little better spread throughout the year???

I'm a two Lincomb man me, he'll I'm a three Lincomb man to be frank. How's about three Lincombs a Northern exposure and some club Wales trips :icon-twisted: :icon-biggrin:

At last someone talking sense.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i have some ideas for events that wouldnt take as much work as the trials stuff. i will post some stuff in the day when i am on the computer and not typing on a crapie touch screen. there is lots of options that we could explore we just need to see what tony whats to do as its down to his use of the farm.

stu

Ooh, is it a quiz Stu? I likes a quiz I does.

Chris, well done for stepping up :thumbup:

The Lincomb meets are great and do take a lot of organising - thanks Tony and crew. I am happy for the meets at Lincomb to be a purely social meet with pootling rather then an organised event. The games are fun, but are not essential.

I also like the idea of meets at other sites and weekend trips.

chris i am far to stupid to sort out running a quiz. i have worked doing if the lincomb eventteam building events. i just think its a shame if lincomb stops if people find it to hard to organise we need to make it simple and fun for everyone. i thought some of the best times at the last one were when lots of people helped each other fix each oyhers cars and when we all watched the trial section. it really brought everybody together to have a good laugh.
if we can come up with some things that the organiser enjoy more it will be a cracking event.
stu

Oh :cry:

so no quiz then. That's pretty disappointing. You had my hopes up there Stu.

we could do a landcruiser part and part number quiz. the winner could get a anorak would that be up your street chris?

Anorak? That's 880138-771203

I claim my prize!

That part is discontinued, been replaced with 880138-771300 - Cagoule

I am not trying to start a coup d etat just suggestions onkeeping a 2 events at lincomb.
Really we need tony to say if it’s the organising he isfinding hard or he doesn’t have the available time with his farm free. I amhappy to help in any way.
If the event is too hard to organise as it is with peoplebeing let down and it costing them money for example the scots last time. Ifthey don’t want to do the event or only do 1 event a year then why dont we havea big BBQ where everybody is responsible for their own food. I can hopefullysort out a big BBQ which should fit everybody’s food on.

Event ideas
If the trial is too hard and not enjoyable for the marshalsthen how about other ideas.
We could at a certain time meet at the Rock section and Havea group event such as taking a Standard car over the rocks using team work andlogs stones and waffle boards? Even if we only do it once it’s never been donebefore I am sure we would have a good time interacting with each other.
We could have a meet at a certain section so that everybodycan watch people have ago at obstacles.
Such as ruby hill or the steps so at whatever time anybodythat want to can meet up and watch people trying the hard sections.
How about doing a few workshop things so we could have acouple of hours showing how do something eg putting a tyre on a rim, repairinga puncture, rigging up winches safely, correct use of equipment, expeditioncooking.
We could set up a small blind driving course which is alwaysfun to do this would only require 1 person to watch over it I am sure we wouldall take a hour a time to laugh at people all weekend.
I used to run the blind driving we would have 8 people inthe back of a 110 then they would all ‘direct’ the driver without saying leftor right so you would have to make your own words for.

Setting up the hunt the punch takes a lot of time to set upas well.
So my thought are if it’s too hard to do 2 events in a yearas is then why do we not have the 1 normal and a lesser event more just turn upand drive and meeting. Lincomb is a great farm with some very good sectionsthat would be a shame to only get use of once a year.
I would be happy to speak to tony about ideas and what couldbe done in certain areas to help the club out.

I wouldn’t mind leading laneing trips in the future I just don’thave a sat nav or memory maps yet.

sorry to go on a bit.
stu

Some good stuff in there Stu. If we can separate out the discussion about going to Kirton, which I like, and just talk about Lincomb events, I live for these. I just love them to bits because they are what they are and they are where they are. Other events could be just as good, but they would be different. But what I find increasingly is that there is less time to just enjoy the days. The punch challenge is ace, but you do spend all day dashing around and you don't get that contact with other members. The time trial things was really good but took up a huge chunk of time and hours in a queue. Maybe better if you pick a time and just turn up for your slot but don't have to sit there. Each time I leave I reflect on all the people I didn't see ans things I didn't get to do like the rocks. Making things formal does make sense, but takes organising. Just turning up and doing stuff as you please is better for time management and individual choice, but some people love the competition.

You can't please all the people all of the time. I take my hat off to those who spend their whole day marshalling for our benefit. Maybe they deserve a break.

The Lincomb events have been a success, and I for one would be prepared to help in order for them to continue them. Maybe we should set up a roster for volunteer marshals in order to ease the load. With enough volunteers, the volunteers might need to put in, say, 3 hours of marshalling each during the whole weekend, or maybe lay out a course. It is a club event after all and participation in club events is not just about having fun but also in the organising and running of the events. You need to put in, in order to get out.

Last edited:
Back