Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

auxilary pump electrical wiring diagram

78n95now80

i'm looking for a HDJ80 series wiring diagram for fitting the second oem tank to 80 series. basically i have a uk 80 series that never had the second tank, i have fitted one and i'm trying to wire up the next combined control panel that replaces the one that had the sun roof controls in it. So the panel i'm wiring up has second tank gauge and altimter in it. coming from the meter I've narrowed down the three wires that are relavent to 'blue and red', 'grey' and 'red and yellow' . I also have two wires coming from tank sender unit. I think one of the tank wires will be an earth. then other tank wire has to go to one of those three wires i mentioned. another one of the three will also be an earth and the other a live with ignition on.

So is Grey the earth ? red and yellow the tank sender and blue and red the live?

anyone know?

i've extensively googles for wiring diagram but only getting 70 series and 90 series pdf of wiring diagrams which are any good and they seem to have different wire colours for aux tanks for some reason.
So does anyone know where i can see a wiring diagram for 80 series, be great if it was for the aux fuel tank .

I'm not wiring up the pumps to transfer fuel from one tank to the other, i'm just wanting to wire up the fuel gauge to sender correctly.

Off the top of my head red and yellow are the sender wire. The two wires coming off the sender are as you say. I have all the info you need back at base. Will have a look tonight.

Off the top of my head red and yellow are the sender wire. The two wires coming off the sender are as you say. I have all the info you need back at base. Will have a look tonight.
Thanks for that, that would be great if you could . As i have found general wiring diagrams but cannot find one for the auxilary tank sender and toyota gauge thing.

Isn't one the low level warning light?

Isn't one the low level warning light?
I dont think there is a low level warning light on the second tank. but i could be wrong, if someone out there has the toyota second tank combination gauge unit that is above hte reverse mirror with sun roof controls, light and altermiter they might know if there is. I know there is on the main tank and i can see on the wiring diagram for main tank that the sender wire is red/yellow, so i think it is a good assumption that send wire for auxillary tank could also be a red /yellow wire. Although i am not using them, there were 2 pumps with the kit (must have come off an australian or south american 80 series) which were for pumping between the tanks. But both these wires come from the sender on the tank, i can see that i think. So i am leaning towards yellow & red for sender. Then its just a question of the grey and blue/red wires. one is probably live and one probably earth just not sure which.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I dont think there is a low level warning light on the second tank. but i could be wrong, if someone out there has the toyota second tank combination gauge unit that is above hte reverse mirror with sun roof controls, light and altermiter they might know if there is. I know there is on the main tank and i can see on the wiring diagram for main tank that the sender wire is red/yellow, so i think it is a good assumption that send wire for auxillary tank could also be a red /yellow wire. Although i am not using them, there were 2 pumps with the kit (must have come off an australian or south american 80 series) which were for pumping between the tanks. But both these wires come from the sender on the tank, i can see that i think. So i am leaning towards yellow & red for sender. Then its just a question of the grey and blue/red wires. one is probably live and one probably earth just not sure which.
If you have only two wires coming off the sender you have the diesel sender. I would guess the two "pumps" you refere to are the switch over Sellonoids. Is one bigger than the other?

red/blue. 12v positive gauge

red/yellow. sender unit

green blue. 12v positive light

black. rheostat

gray. ground

Last edited:
Really? That's a shame. I have one on mine but I didn't use the OEM roof unit.

Hi chapel gate. di you by chance get a look at the info on wires for auxillary tank? i think from what i see yellow and red is the sender/tank wire. note sure still about grey or blue/red wire. i think maybe grey is earth , and blue red is power when ignition on.

That wiring diagram for 80 series shows sender wire as red and yellow for main tank. cannot identify the wiring diagram that includes the auxillary tank meter / combined control/meter unit.

Hi chapel gate. di you by chance get a look at the info on wires for auxillary tank? i think from what i see yellow and red is the sender/tank wire. note sure still about grey or blue/red wire. i think maybe grey is earth , and blue red is power when ignition on.

That wiring diagram for 80 series shows sender wire as red and yellow for main tank. cannot identify the wiring diagram that includes the auxillary tank meter / combined control/meter unit.
Look three posts up

Back