Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Awning gutter attachment

Jamsy

Country Flag
scotland
Does anyone have any experience of connecting an awning to the gutter rail using a figure of 8 channel?

Ive got an awning but the figure of 8 connector seems too small for the Land Cruiser gutter.

I’m not sure what exactly you’re trying to do. Perhaps if you post up some pics. Most folks fit awnings to roof racks. What awning do you have? It almost sounds like a caravan one.

Never seen an awning attached to a gutter directly James. Typically they attach to a roof rack. Or roof bars.
I'm heading off to Stranraer in about an hour. I'll keep an eye out for you

Thanks for the replies. I dont have a roof rack or roof bars at present although they are on the list.

The awning is a common enough attachment with the figure of 8 plastic connectors. I'll attach a pic of it on my old Hiace. I might try phoning a camping place though.

IMG_20161010_093253.jpg

Hey Chris, give me a text if you have any spare time while you're up here and fancy a cup of tea :thumbup:

Ahh, see what you mean. That's not what we'd call an awning. Not saying it's NOT an awning, but we'd think of something more like a big hinged affair with quite a bit of weight to it. That's a sort of stick on tent.

Sorry, been and gone. Weather Saturday was fantastic but we could see what was coming so legged it in good time.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ahh, see what you mean. That's not what we'd call an awning. Not saying it's NOT an awning, but we'd think of something more like a big hinged affair with quite a bit of weight to it. That's a sort of stick on tent.

Sorry, been and gone. Weather Saturday was fantastic but we could see what was coming so legged it in good time.

It was indeed a cracking day, we were at the beach.
Yeah the awning/stick-on tent is handy. Going to fit roof bars first and go from there.

PHOTO-2018-08-25-20-41-02.jpg

Back