ignat

Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
"The Guys from Knight Rifles Shoot the .950 JDJ, Extended Version"

[youtube:ln482tfk]xohy9gWz7kk[/youtube:ln482tfk]

700 Nitro ...very amusing

[youtube:96uhx1d1]CLxMlL333_Y[/youtube:96uhx1d1]

2500 grs is a very big projectile. The biggest that I load is 240 grains with MV of just under 3000fps. There are 7000 grs in a lb just for reference. I wonder if that sucker is available in full auto :violence-ak47:

Hey Lazz, I hope they don't try to sell the rifle on as new. I have never seen a rifle dropped so many times. The 700 NE is a big round but you can tell the people who'd shot before and the HE virgins!

Nice clips guys. If you don't shoot - you probably won't get it.

I need to get some clips of my Desert Eagle on here.

Chris

Amazing :clap: .

I found the kick on a .303 Mk IV Lee Enfield was bad enough - but those things are just awesome.

I'd like to see what they do to a truck engine :whistle: .

Bob.

I grew up doing a lot of Game hunting, anything over a .375 mag is overkill in my opinion... unless your an American :whistle:

I've shot everything up to a .600 Jeffries (beautiful rifle), but have more than once stopped Elephant, Buffalo, & Rhino with a well placed double Holland .375mag... if you want "stopping" power for big game, there is little to compare IMHO.

Agreed. I sometimes find that people use oversized calibres to make up for their lack of accuracy. A well placed shot is the key, not massive holes so that death is inevitable - eventually. Having said that there are times for something pretty big. I have not been to Africa and consequently not shot the big five but having seen the very short distances at which some of these species are taken, I can well understand the desire for them to 'drop to the shot'. I have shot .375 and .475 too but nothing I have shot compares to the recoil I got from an un-braked 300 win Mag shooting 200gr Winchester Silvertips. Nuts I know, but savage is the only way to describe it. The bigger rounds tend to be a push but this thing was like being whacked with a baseball bat.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What is meant by 'un-braked' Chris? the only guns I have shot are a .22 target pistol and a shotgun so I know very little about firearms.

Muzzle brake, Chas. I have a couple of rifles that have an extra piece on the end of the barrel. These are machined ports designed to use the combustion gas from the cartridge to essentially pull the rifle out of your shoulder when you fire - thus reducing the effect of recoil. They also point upwards to counteract muzzle flip. You can get ported shotguns nowadays too. These don't really reduce recoil, but they do stop the muzzle flip in the same way. Very useful on rapid fire weapons as they keep the bore on target more easily instead of allowing it to climb all over the place. The only unfortunate drawback of these on range is that the folks next to you get blasted in a big way and you tend to leave a bit of a clean patch in the grass when you've done. There is a lot of gas comes out of these rifles.

Chris

Thanks Chris, that's very interesting, I've never heard of that before :thumbup:

Much like on the front of an FN 7.62 assault rifle, or today's SA80? I used an extra clip-on compensator on mine to help keep it down - switchable for left- or right-handed shooting.

Always found the Glock compensator weird - gases used to cloud the sights :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glocks are weird anyway. Never liked them. One chap used to have a Coonan which had a MB on. It needed it too. Used to fetch all the whitewash off the range ceiling.

I had quite a few pistols, none with brakes but the Eagle was gas recoil operated, so that used to siphon off some of the recoil. 44 mag - as fast as you pull the trigger. Ahh those were the days.

Yes the FN did have a fluted MB on the end. Nice proper tool that was. Not like the SA80. I have a 5.56 and whilst I wouldn't stand in front of it, it's a bit pathetic as a round. Mine's a 1:9 twist so it takes heavier rounds. Ridiculously accurate at distance. But not much fun. No wow factor. But with a 21 rnd mag you can keep going. :lol:

C

Like this:

081017193700944-4.jpg

makes me think of hugh lift and massive tires ... fun but not really needed in talented hands.

TBH Andy, I didn't know that they made them that small :lol: :lol:

BTW your bi pod is on back to front. :whistle:

Digging the carbon fibre look. Can't quite tell what the rifle is though.

Chris

The picture is from guntrader when I bought it, so the previous owner must have put it on arse about face, only use it on range for PP1 or clay busting.
It's a Volquartson version of the 10/22.

Chris said:
TBH Andy, I didn't know that they made them that small :lol: :lol:

BTW your bi pod is on back to front. :whistle:

Digging the carbon fibre look. Can't quite tell what the rifle is though.

Chris
081017193700944-1.jpg

Ahh, that figures. The shiny bit looked like the action - but was actually the barrel. I have the Ruger 10/22. It has some Val-Q bits in there from Roger Francis. Here it is with the 50 rnd mag

[attachment=2:2qgaff7e]IMGP4495.JPG[/attachment:2qgaff7e]

and here it is folded just for Gary

[attachment=0:2qgaff7e]IMGP4496.JPG[/attachment:2qgaff7e]

And for Chas, this is a muzzle brake

[attachment=3:2qgaff7e]IMGP4493.JPG[/attachment:2qgaff7e]

Chris

Why is there two of one pic? Huh. There isn't on the edit screen. This new feature does some odd stuff.

Attachments

• IMGP4493.JPG
    IMGP4493.JPG
    472.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMGP4495.JPG
    IMGP4495.JPG
    535.9 KB · Views: 196
  • IMGP4495.JPG
    IMGP4495.JPG
    535.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMGP4496.JPG
    IMGP4496.JPG
    527.2 KB · Views: 181
Do all 7.62mm weapons have the muzzle brake ???

The FN rifle does but I was a bit surprised to find the 7.62 version of the Bren Gun also had it whereas the original .303 just had the bell-mouth flash eliminator, I never found that the .303 Bren kicked badly. I think the 7.62 AK47 has it as well.

I fired a lot of this stuff whilst in the Cadet Force at school :dance: and also learned to handle plastic explosive. Its what private education is all about :lol: .

My favourite . . . firing the belt-fed, water cooled .303 Vickers MMG at 42nd Commando in Lympstone :clap: .

I was in the School Shooting Team - firing the good old "Number 8" bolt action, single shot .22 with peep & ring sights.

My elder daughter was also in the Cadet Force but had to make do with a 'Cadet Rifle' - an emasculated SA80 rigged for single shot and chambered for a .22 long rifle cartridge. I guess the slightly larger bore (.223") wouldn't bother the standard lead round.

On the Scottish News tonight - an arms find at a farm North of Glasgow. Quite a number of weapons with ammunition, including an SA80. I wonder how they got hold of that :doh: .

Bob.

Back