Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

B****y BT

I havn't got a clue how much I use but TalkTalk manager is ringing today to make sure my broadband is still working so I'll ask her.

Thanks for advice.

I buy Three sims on eBay to use in my iPad
Around £30 gets me 12GB. The sim expires are 12months or when the 12GB is used up

Cost would be renewing the sim card each month. So GiffGaff for example would be £18 a month for 6GB of data. If you use less then you could use a cheaper package, say 4GB for £15 a month.
GiffGaff is O2 and is pretty good for me at the moment. Notice no difference from when I was on 02.

If you have an spare phone then you can try it at almost no cost. Get a sim (free) activate it (£10 for some data) and create a wifi network with that phone. That becomes your source of internet for the test. If it works then a) you could leave it running like that b) get a proper router and do it "right".

Do you have any visibility of what you currently use in terms of data? Does BT tell you that? I know Virgin will if you call them up.

That's not bad actually. So does the 12GB expire in 12 months too?

I am looking for a fall-back option so when my normal broadband goes down then I can use that. Most options I see are cheapish and expire in a month or expensive and expire in 3 months.

Something like your 3 sim would work well.
Ebay link to anyone in particular?

Actually Crispin,

It was just under £25
Here is where I got last one
Yes the 12GB expires 12months after activating the sim, but I have always used data up within 4-5 months
These sims Also work in Europe on roaming
I used to use EE sims with 6gb/3 months
But the 3 sims are better value and I don't need to buy new Ines as frequently

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371598351562

That's not bad actually. So does the 12GB expire in 12 months too?

I am looking for a fall-back option so when my normal broadband goes down then I can use that. Most options I see are cheapish and expire in a month or expensive and expire in 3 months.

Something like your 3 sim would work well.
Ebay link to anyone in particular?

Back