Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Basic tools to buy for self servicing land cruiser.

Got to thinking….having only recently been educated on JIS having owned Toyotas for 30years! The OE tool kits have a double ended screwdriver in them but I don’t think it’s JIS? (I have several) So they supply a screwdriver that isn’t for their screws…

Got to thinking….having only recently been educated on JIS having owned Toyotas for 30years! The OE tool kits have a double ended screwdriver in them but I don’t think it’s JIS? (I have several) So they supply a screwdriver that isn’t for their screws…
I had the JIS education many years ago when I had my first Yamaha FS1E at 16 years old and none of my Dads screwdrivers would fit.... this was obviously such a common problem that several companies offered hex cap screw kits to swap out the damaged JIS screws on most Jap bikes... having spent my teens and early 20's then building , racing and crashing most of the Jap 2 stroke bikes I got quite a collection of them.... You used to be able to buy a "pistol grip" reversible ratchet screw driver with a selection of JIS , metric allen head drivers that was brilliant because you could push and turn the driver at the same time.... must have bought several sets over the years from the type of Sunday markets where the was a guy selling car polish by setting light to a mini bonnet with lighter fluid ( if you know you know ;-) )
Halfords do a nice JIS screwdriver set for a few quid.... worth leaving one in the Cruiser...

Back