Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Batteries - which ones are best value/quality

Its not something i've done before Karl, testing each battery for connection integrity, but having gone to the expense of a new pair wanted to double check all the connections were up to scratch.

Last edited:
Used to buy Varta, Shayne, but standing our old Merc one winter the damned CTEK (never again) died unbeknown to me and the less than year old Varta silver was unrecoverable in a matter of weeks.
Since then its been Yuasa only for me, but this time i've given Exide a try to see how they last, probably be wishing i'd stayed with Yuasa but we'll see.

The problem with buying the correct batteries for the 120 is that because they arn't listed as such on most sites it becomes a case of clicking on each site then entering the battery code, after an hour poncing about trying to work around half arsed websites you end up back at Tayna, who's site is user friendly even if some fool customer is trying to buy with an out of date credit card :whistle:

Agree Juddian, I did the same poncing about and phoned Tayna in the end to confirm what I needed, as my head was swimming from other sites.
They told me immediately what I needed, told me where to look on website to confirm as I was talking, ordered and paid, and like yours here next day in their custom built packaging for batteries.

Just shows how things deteriorate and you don't really notice, with the new batteries engine turned over much much faster than with the old set this morning first start, and after our lunchtime meeting today 50 miles away faster still.
Those 7 year Mr T batteries must have been one sharp frost away from total failure, i suppose 7 years is about right, seem to get 10 to 12 years on Mr T's OE batteries which appear to be an entirely different kettle of fish to the ones from the parts desk.

I've read somewhere if you could get batteries as high spec as OE they would be roughly twice the price of those available from the parts dept, seemingly with the performamce of the 306mm long jobbies in 260mm casings...does anyone know what the OE battery specs were for 260mm pairs on 120's? Mr T's batteries don't have much in the way of spec info, the same could be said for the OE single jobbie on our Hilux.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back