Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Battery jump start

landcruiserjohnb

Hi Guys
Came back from holidays to a dead cruiser.
This was even after disconnecting the 2 batteries prior to going.
I was wondering what is the best item to jump start a cruiser if it wont start on its own because trying to find a guy with a car who is willing to help can be difficult.
cheers

If you've had both batteries off, is it possible that your alarm has imobilised the starting?

I suppose sticking them on charge over night isn't an option? Even jumping it, to get it going, you'll have to drive a long way to get a decent charge into both of the flat batteries.

Is it a twin battery diesel 80 series? If so, attach the jump leads to the drivers side battery.

Good luck.

If attaching a single battery to the drivers side battery does not work then you can attach a second one to the passenger on as well (from a different car). Treat then as 2 completely separate batteries when jump starting. This obviously only applies to the 24 volt starters on the diesels.

Hi Guys
its the standard 24v 2 battery set up.
I did manage to get a jump start from a car to the passenger side battery and all it took was a few revs from the car and the cruiser started. but I am trying to think ahead if it is possible to have an item that will replace the jump start from the car.
I am not familiar with the power needed to start the cruiser (amps) or something else.
I would suspect it takes more to start the cruiser than a normal car but is this power available in a compact item that could hold a charge until needed.
Is there a type of battery that will not loose power for a longer period than 2 weeks/
cheers

If you have a 24 valve diesel then I would check the prehearter relay, its a common fault. Your 80s battery's should easily hold out for months if they are in good condition and if there isn't a current drain on the batteries.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back