Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BBC outside the box.

The Tory's next election campaign song will be Roger Daltrey's old classic, "Giving it all way", but they won't know better !
Just like the others with D ream "Things can only get better" ?

M people were very pissed that their hit "Moving on up!" was used with out asking or permission!

These tories are a right skirmish on the countries resources, services, people and the tax money we pay. Absolute disgrace the national debt that is being funneled out to the Cayman Islands via hedge funds etc. Seriously corrupt!

100K pension or £100 a roll toilet paper upsets and sells news , but it doesn't add up to the £40billion needed .

Money not democracy rules and it just sacked a prime minister .

If a heaven sent angel set down the perfect solution then it would be voted down and thrown out .

A war cabinet does not discuss hopes , dreams , wants and needs . In a time of war there is only one acceptable outcome so they discuss and enact what must be done to achieve it .

But we only need the 40 billion because Liz crashed the economy due to extreme incompetence.

You don't really believe that ? :wtf:

The mini budget was nothing more than an idea , a high risk gamble aimed at long term security . It was never implemented . It may have cost a few speculating gazillionaires tuppence but thats about it . We will now never know if was to be a good gamble or a bad one .

When i read the mini budget i was sceptical . Said to a mate the EU won't like this because its competitive and they can't reciprocate .

We need billions because the entire world is going into recession , cost of living is welded to energy prices oil , gas . Factors way beyond the scope of British Government .

Its not a question of growth or anything positive , its an international game of survival of the fittest .

Those who will survive already did a u-turn on utopia which can wait util we are out of this Covid/Putin induced mess .

The mini budget was never implemented because Mary Elizabeth headed it off by sacking Kwasi and doing u turns.
Ideas from governments or those who control the fickle world of finance, are enough to send panic throughout before they can be implemented. If they are just 'ideas' they should keep them to themselves until they have a proper cautious plan based on proper information available, not gambles or personal opinions by those in charge, where we bear the loss/brunt of it.
Just my opinion, which like everyone elses, aint worth jack to those who count, and aint gonna change anything.
We're doomed, Cpt. Mainwaring.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This extract from an article in Forbes about says it all without even trying to .

"While the U.S. economy may be flirting with a recession, it’s still looking much better than other advanced economies, including the United Kingdom, European nations and Japan.

European economies are bearing the brunt of Russia’s war on Ukraine, especially in the form of dramatically higher energy costs. Japan is struggling with lower global demand for manufactured goods, which make up the better part of its exports.

Meanwhile, the sheer tonnage of geopolitical risks swamping the global economy, not least of which are China’s economic troubles thanks to its zero Covid policy and bursting real estate bubble, have driven investors to safe-haven investments. And the greenback is currently one of the safest bets around.

When global investors pour money into U.S. dollars, they are selling off other currencies. Buying dollars pushes up the value of the greenback, and selling other currencies weakens their value."

Agreed , any adult could have predicted the knee jerk reaction from markets at the childish attempt to appear bold and decisive .

Without investigation i think the run down on pound sterling lasted 4 or 5 days and then recovered to a better place than it was before the budget .

Its a complete shambles and its easy to jump on the bandwagon . Personally i think all who ever entered Westminster would benefit greatly from a good hiding and 12 months in prison , they might take home a little earned wisdom .

Alas that won't fix anything .

A real leader could have carried off this gamble by force of personality , has anybody seen such a person on the news in the last 10 years ?

Right now we have a coalition government because absolutely every one of them agrees that to do nothing will lead to disaster . AND as a bi product of collective stupidity, universal agreement that nothing should be done .

Last edited:
Democracy fails when there is nobody worth voting for so wondering what can be done about that :think:

How many might sign a petition to have the roofs removed from all Oxford university buildings and making hair shirts compulsory uniform ?

Character building , gives hope for the next generation :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Make them do time in the army !
On second thoughts ignore that, my MP was supposedly an officer there, and he runs away from conflict and back pedals on everything he tells me. Nothing new !

I was very young and terrified , contemplating life in prison or worse the very first time i was removed from class to visit the headmistress .

I held my hand out and she hit it with a wooden spoon . I remember her face clearly to this day because to a child it was very confusing that her face went red with rage after she hit me . I know now she read my mind which said "is that it"

I was about 12 when the teacher who loved to waffle on about the law of the jungle and kept a collection of whips on the wall in his office decided conspiracy was the best way to defuse a potentially dangerous situation so caned the desk and asked me not to tell anyone :lol:

Character building :icon-wink:

Yeah I was 10 when I got the cane in state junior school. Then moved to Whitefriars School, Cheltenham. Priests there used to cane us for dropping a pencil. There was no bullying as we all had a common enemy. To their credit the priests never touched us sexually.

Running in the corridors , shirt not tucked in properly , wrong colour socks , parents can't afford the correct uniform or P.E kit . I can't actually think what wasn't punishable with the cane .

No sexual assaults on pupils that i remember though . Complaints of male teachers in the girls showers just got them shifted to another class or school for a few weeks until it was all forgotten . I can think of one definite broken arm inflicted on a pupil by a teacher but i'm sure there were others .

The day Crompton was ordered to stand to attention with hands by his sides while the P.E teacher wound up to break his nose with a powerful right hook was telling .

I volunteered myself to be next in line for that and his reluctance to come anywhere near me demonstrated better than anything else could have that the teacher was a coward on a sports field with maybe 40 other kids watching .

QE2 high school Peel Isle of Man 1980's . 1993 birching was formally repealed in the Isle of Man.

Darren Berry should get some sort of belated trophy for letting Haywood break a pool cue over his backside and then putting on a comedy show of hopping howling in pain for the amusement of all but the teacher :laughing-rolling:

Last edited:
One Priest use to hit us over the head sideways. Broke one poor chaps glasses. A lay teacher used to hurl a hard glass Asprin bottle at you. On one occasion he hit a kid over the head with a thick glass barometer tube which broke in to many pieces.

Back