Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BBQ anywhere???

Navraj Singh

Garage
Hey guys,

Are there any regulations about having bbq's in parks and forests in the UK??

Navraj Singh said:
Hey guys,

Are there any regulations about having bbq's in parks and forests in the UK??
Probably, everything involving fun is restricted these days :cry:

There are specific picnic sites but generally you can't do it 'in the trees' at all. Contact Forest Enterprise in the region where the forest is. They'll have a public info line or try Google.

Chris

So long as your bbq is raised off the floor so it doesn't scorch the grass, and you're a good 10m or more from the nearest tree I reckon you should be ok as long as there's no signs saying 'Strictly no bbq's'

Our local park has fixed charcoal bbqs avaliable all supplied FOC by the council.

You could have a bbq on a beach.........nothing much cann catch fire and plenty of water around if it does!

On a serious note most parks, public spaces will have signs up regarding bbqs. If not contact the controlling authority for clarification.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As long as it is within a container, raised from the ground and not a bonfire you should be okay.

We use a WEBER type kettle bbq with a lid and never had any problems.............yet :D

It's when you start breaking up palets @ 3am and singing out loud when they get the hump i've heard!

Cheers guy,

Exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

Now i just hope the wether holds for saturday

Back