Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BBQ project

whereisgibson

This has been driving me mad. I've bought a cheap BBQ and have chucked the legs. What I want to do instead is replace the legs with telescopic locking legs with clamps for feet, so it can be bolted to pretty much anything (specifically the back of a motorbike... :shh:)

In my head I'm after 4x something like this:
|O-------========O<
where the < is the little clamp jaw, | is plate metal to go on the BBQ, O are the swivel locking joints and --== being the telescopic bar from 30cm to 60cm. From the front:

Code:
  |     BBQ       |
  |               |
  O\-------------/O
  |               |
  |               |
  ||              ||
  O               O
  /\              /\

I can't weld, and have no welder. I have a drill and screws.

I was going to get some curtain rails, crimp both ends, and fix a plate to one end and clamp to the other - but can't find a locking bloody curtain rail;
I thought about using RAM parts which would be perfect, if only someone somewhere made an extendible RAM link;
Tent poles aren't telescopic, or too long;
Banksticks all seem to have a pointy end;
a monopod might work but are crazy money;
a tripod's legs might also work but it would need to dismantle well and be all metal, not plastic in the joints...

I'm out of ideas other than taking to a fabricator.

Bodgers of the LC world, what say you?

What about a cut down painting roller twist lock extension pole :?: If the smallest one of these is to big you can get 9" rollers with a twist lock handle built into them (about 18" long) I have one some where :)

Why not just get a portable notebook bbq and save yourself a lot of trouble?

Back