Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Unplugging rear aircon gas pipes

Mr.Smiles

Country Flag
uk
Dear gents, I've been contemplating blocking the gas pipes that go to the rear of the car because its costs an arm and a leg to replace. The mechanic is asking me what is normally used to block the opening in the compressor once the two pipes are disconnected? I will be grateful If anyone can post a photo of the compressor and explain what was used to block the openings. I don't want to go through another summer without aircon.. please

Dear gents, I've been contemplating blocking the gas pipes that go to the rear of the car because its costs an arm and a leg to replace. The mechanic is asking me what is normally used to block the opening in the compressor once the two pipes are disconnected? I will be grateful If anyone can post a photo of the compressor and explain what was used to block the openings. I don't want to go through another summer without aircon.. please
Hi, I used caps from a company called Dorman, had to get them from Amazon America as at the time couldn,t find them here, arrived very quickly though, I cant remember the exact sizes but I think the smaller was 1/4 and the larger was 5/16, please check though.

Hi, I used caps from a company called Dorman, had to get them from Amazon America as at the time couldn,t find them here, arrived very quickly though, I cant remember the exact sizes but I think the smaller was 1/4 and the larger was 5/16, please check though.
Thank you for the tip, I will confirm the sizes and try to find the company. I assume you don't have photos of that! I'm just trying to figure out how does it look.. just in case it's something I could fo myself.

Thank you again, the Key word you dropped (Dorman) lead me to a lot of information:

Dorman 800-996 Aluminum Line Block Off For 3/4 Line Amazon.com - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Dorman 800-994 Aluminum Line Block Off For 5/16 Line Amazon.com - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
A thread in a forum discussing this matter in depth: Rear AC cap question - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Last but not least, a video showing how it was done:

Thank you so much for bothering to respond to my thread.

Thank you again, the Key word you dropped (Dorman) lead me to a lot of information:

Dorman 800-996 Aluminum Line Block Off For 3/4 Line Amazon.com - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Dorman 800-994 Aluminum Line Block Off For 5/16 Line Amazon.com - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
A thread in a forum discussing this matter in depth: Rear AC cap question - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Last but not least, a video showing how it was done:

Thank you so much for bothering to respond to my thread.
No worries, I have just checked my box of of bits and for some reason I still have Dorman part number 800 - 994 unopened, I cant remember if I ordered too many, or its the wrong size, but if its any good to you let me know.

Back