Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Be careful where you park.......

I can see a future where cars are rented rather than owned a market manipulation tool , travel tax basically .

"I have wondered what the impact looks like changing cars every few years Vs driving one for life."

The answer is most of the environmental impact from a vehicle is from it's construction so a 25 year old 80 series is better than a new EV if you discount the possible pollution from it driving along ....
An EV is not zero pollution ... the tyres and brakes are still shedding pollutants as you drive that get into our water courses ....

The big question is if you can ever get true figures for the construction of an EV or get the figures published.... it won't suit the agenda currently being pushed that we must all buy new vehicles to save the world .... hence won't suit the manufacturers and government who make money from the tax on sales of new vehicles....

Strange how aviation is left out of most calculations or indeed not taxed for the damage it does

It seems to me that 98% of the "facts" quoted by the climate change fear mongers don't bear close scrutiny or the application of common sense or logic....

Until we control population growth and stop using our oceans as rubbish tips and stop over fishing we are only tinkering at the edges.....

You 'Wanna' see the Shit and Bollox that comes out the Exhausts of the Cross Channel ferry's here at Dover, Its Unbelievable.... Thick Black Smoke for about 10mins "Then off they go"...You can watch them disappear over to France by following the Smoke trail... Thats all Day every Day.... My Missus wrote to the Dover Port Authority and the Local MP.... But never got a reply.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
https://www.youtube.com/c/OceanConservationNamibia The missus and I sponsor and Support these Guy's.... Its not just Namibia, There are Groups all around the Globe doing this kind of work..... The Missus and I are doing a beach clean local to us This morning, But we will be the only ones there,...... Beach cleans 'eh'! Remember them? ....Another Band Waggon folk jumped On, Then jumped off again......... After all the years of campaigning im still Staggered at the amount of Crap in the Worlds Oceans and Rivers........ The Guy's In Namibia use Land Cruiser's to patrol the Beaches looking for sick/injured Seals..... Oh the Irony, If you slash Their Tyres or give them an Electric Vehicle.. They cant do their Job.... So a Message to Climate change protestors ..... THINK! Really just THINK for once in your stupid pathetic lives....

Last edited:
Many are living a bored and and unsatisfactory life. These guys get sucked into all kinds of so called greater purpose like animal activists, earth savers, moral policing, god savers etc n feel empowered.
govt is slowly changing policies anyway n in few years slowly majority of the population will go EV route. It ll happen in due course. Don’t understand why these guys want to take control of others life outside the system.
these guys need counselling n mental support

When I was a kid, my dad had a ideology of supporting local businesses so he started educating people to drink fresh juice, coconut water made and sold by one of your society members instead of buying a soft drink. We didn’t have soft drinks in house, all guests to house got fresh lemon juice or coconut water.
that was old ways of educating people. Simply by doing what we believe and others will follow when they understand.
At that same time I also saw climate activism at home. All my dad n group did was to use vehicle when needed n walk or cycle when appropriate. People followed..
What are so called activists doing nowadays? Attacking shops, breaking soft drink bottles, making noise, attacking people, cars, educating goons on social media to do moral policing

"You want more and you want it now". David Bowie. Cruise ships sums his phrase up. All those people eating themselves to death and ruining the planet and the ports they drop in to. I went on one to Norway a few years ago but now I see that they should all be abandoned. We have to put civilisation into reverse. I was happiest when I was a farm labourer living in a caravan on a farm for 2 years. All my friends had either gone to uni or got better jobs so I felt pier pressure to move on.

Last time i visited the beach was for a charity run , the mrs was in it not me . When they all vacated the beach i was left in charge of her teams midgets .

Look at the state of this i said "Come on lets make a rubbish mountain" ! :happy-bouncyyellow: I got more than you na nan nana nah :lol: . A game to keep the kids occupied .

The radio host on witnessing this deciding to embarrass me by turning his mike back on to say what i fine upstanding fella i was , obviously hoping to encourage others to do the same , but it really annoyed me in some conflicting and undefined way .

Had the mike been handed to me what would i have said ?

I'm just a normal person so i don't need a nanny following me around cleaning up after me , perhaps .

A simple walk around our rural area will reveal how badly it's gone wrong.....

Dog pooh bags hung in trees , wet wipes and tissues carelessly dropped or intentionally so, sweet packets and water bottles thrown away.....

We live in an area where this morning we walked for 2 hours in the woods and only saw one other neighbour.... yet people come out for a walk and leave rubbish .

The biggest cause of road side litter in our area is Maccy D's .....the nearest one is 20-25 minutes away by car so about the time it takes to consume your environmentally unfreindly and full of gawd knows what meal and chuck the rubbish out the window

We were away last week and happened to be across the water from Pad Stien in Cornwall....we walked for several hrs on the estuary sand because of an unusually low tide..... I was appalled at all the plastic left on the sand....

You want more and you want it now
I resonate with your thoughts. I always get that feeling I should get rid of current life n go somewhere for minimalistic life. Sadly I can’t do it I feel m riding on a tiger, only way is to ride as long as possible otherwise I become it’s meal :)

Last edited:
One thing the Isle of Man got right is £1000 on the spot fine for littering , anyone who's been there knows its a very clean place though I don't ever remember anyone being fined . Its self governing see "oih pick that up" if refused can go only 2 ways either they get smacked or they get arrested .

On our Beach walk /clean this morning i was trying to explain to the Missus how i struggle to cope with being part of all this, Not in a I need some kind of Help or i have Mental health issues way. More of a not being able to grasp the simplistic way it could so easily be better.... THEN!!! I kid you Not This is the Gods honest Truth on the way back to the Truck, A druggie was having a Crap in Waitrose Carpark, Right in front of everybody, Wiping his arse on leaves.... And the worse thing was everybody just carried on as if it was normal, If this is Normal, This is the bit i struggle with ....... It was Ramsgate so i could well easily be the Norm... If this is what it has come to I don't want to be Part of it........

How much of this comes down to a failing education system?

Back