Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Being sold by the original owner

Rodger

Drifting aimlessly through the www.sor.com classifieds I came across this 40 series:
Ad Type: For Sale Location: Coral Gables, FL
Model: BJ40 Contact: Carlos Barbon
Year: 1981
Mileage: 125,000
Price: $12,500

cbarbon1.jpg

cbarbon2.jpg

Now it may not look that special until you read the last, and only, line in the advert:

1981 FJ40. I am the original owner. Purchased brand new. kept all original.

IMO that would be well worth getting hold of!

Obviously the ad carries the contact info for Carlos.

Regards,

It amazes me some one can buy a brand new vehicle, keep it all these years and let it end up in that state! A regular wash and having any tiny stone chips touched up could have prevented all that rust! :crazy:

Agreed Ben however I think that 'kept all original' is interesting and so rare these days. So often when acquiring a 'classic' various owners have changed/modified/'done on the cheap/etc but to see a 40 as Mr T produced it would be interesting, albeit a little neglected.
I guess that's why I find Strider's LX so fascinating

Regards

Reactions: Ben
We both have extensively modified trucks and know them inside an out and I don't have any desire to have a completely stock 40 but it would be great to crawl all over and under an original.

regards

Reactions: Ben
Some people call it rust, others patina...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am the original owner of a 74 FJ40. Got it new Nune 2, 1974 at Toyota North in Bedford Hills, NU.

Driven all over the US in it.

I am the original owner of a 74 FJ40. Got it new Nune 2, 1974 at Toyota North in Bedford Hills, NU.

Driven all over the US in it.
Some pics or it didn't happen :) Pretty sure there are some great back-stories to it.

You would have thought that Toyota would have fitted the winch cables a little better..

Back