Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Best Place for Reverse + feed

I like the look of that DH, very tidy, looks stock !
BTW the rear light mod is still on going getting there wth Karl's input too. All parts to ready to go, weather not kind. Cheers

Thanks for all the information. It sounds as if I’m bound to have trouble with at least the bottom bracket bolts! Part of me still wondering if I could get away with it without removing the bumper. I’m pretty sure I could fish ok for the cables once the holes are drilled. So the only big issue is whether there enough room between bumper and Towbar for the sensors. Reckon I need 25mm. But there are lots of LCs out there with sensors fitted so SHOULD be ok! So plan to do some experimenting with odd bits of plastic etc from below - reckon there’s enough flex in the bottom of the bumper to accommodate that. So will report back when a bit further forward. Incidentally the camera replaces one of the number plate lights so that’s another awkward job getting the tailgate door card off etc!

Incidentally the camera replaces one of the number plate lights so that’s another awkward job getting the tailgate door card off etc!

Some good news for you, I think that's probably easier than you think. Remove the handle and the toolkit, then I think theres either one or two other screws which are fairly obvious; then the whole lot just pulls off. Its all on clips, but they're pretty strong!

(I've got the version with the spare wheel underneath, I dont know if its different on the other version!)

At least... The 2 brackets I replaced you can see from below, laid on your back, with a strong light angled up and at an angle towards the top of bumper/ back of tailgate. These were one of the list bits I did on mine as they were visible with good access for a spanner/ socket. As near as I can describe them oval/ rectangular with rounded corners and they are stepped to allow for difference between metal and the plastic bumper.
These securing bolts are a few of them you can see and squirt.
Again IIRC, there is probably the 25mm you are looking at in places behind the bumper where one sensors are
I guess drilling holes beforehand if you are able, might be a goer, a small chance not taking bumper off, and if you have to, you have to. Nothing to be lost but a bit of extra time spent if it doesent work Go for it !!

Oh well successful. Took a chance and drilled the bumper in situ and easy enough to fish the sensor cables out. Did tiny pilot holes first! Also took out the boot door panel- mostly clips - and wired in the reverse camera as well to the head unit. Also put in place the wiring I need to connect up to the bike rack via a 7 pin so that head unit switches to bike rack sensors and camera when connected up. To be frank it’s been a bit of a Mission but worth it. Photo of rear end below- camera just visible above the middle of number plate. Thanks for all the help on here- and the Toyo templates weee really helpful.

Attachments

• 3E8251E9-C0C5-4010-8910-8D44FCFC3C8B.jpeg
    3E8251E9-C0C5-4010-8910-8D44FCFC3C8B.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 33
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think you could call that a success Adrian, good work. Hope all the rest come good now.

Back