Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BJ41 Restoration

Hiluxonian

Bought it together with an fj45 years ago and have finally made a start on it
Spec.
BJ41 40 Series landcruiser approx 1981
JDM Rare model with 2B 3.2 4cyl Diesel 122,000 km's, 24 volt
Has factory disc brakes normally drums all round, Auto hubs, 4 speed box and pto

westjobbluebabiesbenchseat5.jpg

abj41ebay6.jpg

bj41caboff1.jpg

P1140339.jpg

P1140338.jpg

Fully prepared to get stuff made I bought the rear wing repair panels from Germany

Looking for a rear body cross section where the bottom of the ambulance doors rest if anyone has any Europe leads :)
ww2ebay40steps5.jpg

You have a lot of work ahead of you Darren. Good luck with the project mate :thumbup:

Progress so far rear sides floor inner arches both footwells and lots of fiddly bits fabbed and fixed. It'll never be original spec the funds aren't there but it'll get the old bus back on and off the road

The chassis is in remarkably good condition considering the state of the body and has been rubbed down rust killed and painted

Loads of pics in the album http://photobucket.com/TOYOTA-LANDCRUISER
P1140498.jpg

Copyof14.jpg

Copyof15.jpg

41paintedchassis11.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ah, the challenge begins.
it is rare on a BJ41 to have disc up front, nice score.

the 2B has the snap of the 3B with the fuel economy of the B. watch the oiling system, it is the 2B's weak point. i would suggest an aftermarket oil pressure gauge. although the 2B shares the same oil system as the B/3B i have seen a few die a painful death due to poor oiling. it might be because of lack of maintenance in Japan though. :think:

i will enjoy following this thread.

cheers

Crushers said:
ah, the challenge begins.
it is rare on a BJ41 to have disc up front, nice score.

the 2B has the snap of the 3B with the fuel economy of the B. watch the oiling system, it is the 2B's weak point. i would suggest an aftermarket oil pressure gauge. although the 2B shares the same oil system as the B/3B i have seen a few die a painful death due to poor oiling. it might be because of lack of maintenance in Japan though. :think:

i will enjoy following this thread.

cheers
Oiling system think I need to do some research thank you

Had some more progress the underside welding is finished I'm hoping to get the underside rubbed down and painted this weekend ready to plonk back on the chassis and regain some yard space.

Despite being a budget build it's still costing a few quid esp as I'm paying someone to do the welding but each job done is a step closer to finishing

Abj41yankLR24.jpg

Abj41yankLR20.jpg

Abj41yankLR19.jpg

Abj41yankLR22.jpg

Abj41yankLR18.jpg

Abj41yankLR23.jpg

very good job. keep going and never giveup. :clap: :clap: :clap:

i did the same job 5 years ago and it is not finished...

armstrong said:
very good job. keep going and never giveup. :clap: :clap: :clap:

i did the same job 5 years ago and it is not finished...
Thank you

This is the point I'm at now
bj41andmeddings13.jpg

bj41andmeddings14.jpg

My improvised restoration techniqe
bj41andmeddings11.jpg

Got it started still lots to do but getting the body on and everything connected is a milestone :dance:
th_job41start3.jpg
th_job41start5.jpg

Wow.....Thats awesome work in there mate

Where are you based... Can i come and see your garage...

Wow.....Thats awesome work in there mate

Where are you based... Can i come and see your garage...
I'm in S Devon and I wouldn't say garage more shed :) you're more than welcome if you're nearby

Latest progress as I got rained off today so no excuses on with the boring stuff
P1150692.jpg

P1150693.jpg

Are you building pannels your self or are you using imported ones
I bought the rear panels off weustantauglich in Germany or whatever they're called at over £300 and wish I'd made my own

I had the rear section made and the side steps made everything else has been repaired or bought

Wicked thread..looking forward to seeing how it turns out..

I was at burncoose nursery last week lol.

I bought the rear panels off weustantauglich in Germany or whatever they're called at over £300 and wish I'd made my own

I had the rear section made and the side steps made everything else has been repaired or bought

Would you be able to make pannels if some one were to order it... I.e me....

Wicked thread..looking forward to seeing how it turns out..

I was at burncoose nursery last week lol.
Thanks I've never been there but paid 300 for their old sprinter back

It's a slow old build just spent out on a bonnet and a few other panels in Scotland that my pal Ecoman is collecting for me

Would you be able to make pannels if some one were to order it... I.e me....
I could get them made I reckon something I've been thinking about esp as I have a fj45 to restore after this one

Back