Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BJ73 3B exhaust

outdoordan

Supporter
Long story short. MOT coming up. Had a bit of a crawl around underneath the other day. Rear section of exhaust absolutely rotten. Mid section ok. Downpipe from manifold on last legs.

Got downpipe from euro 4x4. Dont need mid section. Rear silencer a nightmare to find.

Cheapest option looks like one from Japan. £500 plus shipping.

So i took a punt on a stainless one for an izuzu from milner. £85

Lots of pipe chopping and sleeving and its fitted and done. Took a day.

Will post a link to the exhaust from milner when i get a minute. As usual didn't take any photos while i was doing it.

Totally doable. Saved somewhere between 5 and 6 hundred quid.

D

Why not to just go somewhere like longlife and get full stainless done for same money with no hussle?

There is only one exhaust fabricator locally could have done it, but he's booked up until January.

Longlife would have been over £300 just for the back box. I had a 350mm flexi section welded into the bottom of the down pipe last March by Longlife. £140.

Nearest one is 2 hours away.

So, I thought about it for all of about fifteen seconds.

If you want to go down the Longlife road knock yourself out.

Milner do one for £85. I just thought I'd share that information.

Sorry i've meant same price as that £500 for one piece of pipe from japan. That's the thing with longlife, if you go there for a separate piece it will work out expensive, if you go for complete exhaust it doesn't work out that bad. Whole thing would probably be around 600 and it should last some time. Changing separate pieces on an old exhaust is false economy. I won't go to longlife, i'll just grab the pipes and tig it together myself ;)

Back