Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blue manual lc80, paintwork spotless

yogi

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
Its blue (ish), manual................. and its definitely had a RESPRAY!!

Yes, A link I think. Yogi made a Boo Boo.

Arf Arf

C

Ahh yes. Seen that one. Deff not blue Yogi. Andy will tell you but it's as sort of silver. I really don't like it but many do. Sorry JW

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Why has it def had a respray...? Seems a pretty good price for a 97 R plate. Don't think it had diff locks though.

Actually, for the money, could you really go wrong? Looks like it's only ever had one peso sitting in it. OK seat and steering wheel look like 197k but the rest is very tidy. Not sure on respray, that colour is a sort of pearlescent. It changes as the light shines on it. Yes Turbo stickers missing but we've had that debate recently and they could have been jet washed off. Mine have. Can't see diff lock dial and it doesn't look to have climate control / air con. It has sliding back windows too. I get a bit confused on anything other than a UK VX to be honest. Towards the end of the run, some of these Amazons do seem to have certain individual qualities like the factory had a few spare bits they wanted rid of and bolted on. Which is not unknown.

If that checked out as anywhere close to what it says (ie the underneath doesn't look like a trawler hull) then it's a bargain.

Chris

We've had this debate before, lack of " Turbo" stickers means nothing conclusively until the car has been seen in the metal. It may have had a small repair on one side, it may have had them removed by pressure washing. If it had a major rear end early on in its life it would have been repaired, resprayed and the "turbo" stickers replaced anyway so it proves nowt. The GS I bought the other week (that colour) has arrow straight bodywork, a great paint finish and has the "turbo" stickers on the rear but I would be surprised if it was the factory paint after 16 years and 200K miles.
Anyway it's a factory UK spec GX Amazon which means its a VX without the leather, wood effect, roof rails, and climate control on the air con. It will have diff locks, which 99% wont work but I'll bet owt you like will be in place. The colour is my favourite for a Cruiser but not to everyones taste, when it's dull it looks like a silver grey, when its sunlight it looks like a silver blue. If I hadn't just bought the GS, (at £3.6K) I would have been up there this morning to either buy that or cross it off as it appears to be as good a car if not better than the one I bought.
In my opinion at the price its worth a look at but very few live up to expectations these days ( ask Chris)

Andy

so now there's 'that sort of silver colour' to go with the other one you don't like then Chris, you're too fussy :lol: I usually prefer the darker colours to be fair but they don't wear as well as the lighter colours. Is it still for sale? Must be a dog!

Anyone got a decent quantity of metallic blue paint spare, I think I may have got someone interested!!

Andy

Arf arf

Yep, too fussy. If I want a blue one and that makes me too fussy, then guilty as charged.

I dunno, I just don't liek the lighter colours. For some reason the 80 doesn't look as butch or at least as big anyway. Look at a green, red, blue etc and somehow they just look bigger. Had white, had silver, now want blue. Can't say I haven't tried the others. But there is something about that silver that I just don't like. It's quite an unusual colour for a Toyota generally. I'd like a dark graphite grey one. But black, ehhh, not keen.

I think that the red does seem to suffer. It fades and I have seen quite a few red ones where for some reason the lacquer peels off.

Search continues. But someone needs to buy that one. It would have to be a real dog not to be any good.

C

For me colours important , like Chris says colour can somehow emphasise or retract from the size and lines of a vehicle . For me black is always my number one choice but I've never seen a black 80 with my own eyes and pics tell us nothing . I think if I had every colour of 80 lined up in front of me I would probably go for the gunmetal grey colour . Of the colours I've seen though I think a white 80 looks the biggest of them all . We all like to think we are too practical to worry about colour and care more for mechanical factors , but the truth is we are just kidding ourselves . If you were offered a straight swap - your truck for an identical one apart from the fact it was pink and had 50,000k less on the clock would you swap . I doubt it .

Good point well made Shayne, although I do know people who might like a pink 80. The black ones are smart actually especially with tinted glass, but they do seem to show the scratches quite badly. I had a white one but it had white arches and I used to call it my UN Peacekeeping Ice Cream Van. Rob had the same white but his had sort of charcoal arches and it looks so different. All white is a bit too much. You don't see many of the light blues ones. I think Matt's (Nala) was light blue. Dark blue in petrol seems common enough,b ut the diesels seem a touch rarer at the moment.

Chris

Is the "gunmetal grey you refer to actually " Tempest grey"? its one of the early colours. Black ones are a real individual choice, everyone says "god that looks damn smart" when one appears at a meeting but would would the same people want one themselves as their own and most say "well no".
My favourite colour has now changed to the mid metallic blue!!

Andy

Ironically if you like your cars clean then black is the worst possible colour you can choose , it shows every single spec of dust and a seagull can make it look a godawful mess in one foul swoop . Fortunately for me i'm not to fussy about how shiny it is and instead get to enjoy how it looks almost new after I drive through the carwash every few months .

Back