Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BOAB Raid Asterix take 2 (2011, 29/05-04/06)

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
I've decided to book myself on the BOAB Raid Asterix 2011 trip, May 29th to June 4th. I enjoyed this years trip so I want to go back and do some of the things I wished I'd done now I know how it works :D Thought I'd post in case anyone else was considering it.

:?

Well, each to their own - Jon has a point in that fore-warned is fore-armed ... :lol:

He knows what to expect, so will more than likely have a much better time than we did on the first one - an understanding of how road books work (or don't) as well as how distances get wonky :doh: will all help. I, on the other hand, would not be able to convince SWMBO to go again - ever! :hand: :snooty:

An equivalent trip, as a club thing, self-led, would be an entirely different kettle of fish - we'd be up for that :clap: :whistle:

Anyway - I am hoping to go rather further afield next year :pray: :shhh: which Jon wouldn't be able to make, based on discussions ...

Aha... I thought that you had gone on the first one Gary but hadn't recalled you not being that enamoured with it... :doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think I'm going to Morocco again. (With Christopher which should slow me down a bit)

Leaving around 9th April coming home around 7th May.

Gary Stockton said:
I am hoping to go rather further afield next year
Forgot to ask, what trip are you planning then Gary??

I want to get some use out of my BOAB trip meter :lol: By the time the next trip comes around, this years will seem an ancient memory and whilst it won't be such an unknown this time I'll notice more stuff to investigate (some French RoW research required ;) ) and I think there will be oportunities to do my own thing. For me it's just a bit of a camping holiday somewhere different without having to sort out all the details myself not some great adventure :thumbup:

24Seven said:
I think I'm going to Morocco again. (With Christopher which should slow me down a bit)

Might run into you in Morocco then. We'll be there early April too.. :dance:

Gav Peter said:
[quote="Gary Stockton":zxwxl12f]I am hoping to go rather further afield next year
Forgot to ask, what trip are you planning then Gary??[/quote:zxwxl12f]

Am hoping to go to Morocco - had thought of Libya but that seems a lot of extra PT to organise :doh:

ignat said:
24Seven said:

Might run into you in Morocco then. We'll be there early April too.. :dance:

:cool: Maybe do a few pistes together, I'm taking my seven year old so I will be going more slowly next year and maybe use more campsites so he can meet up with others his age.

Jon,

Went to see Chris Lincomb weekend and I am thinking of doing that week as well, just got to get it past the wife as We will have a new born by then.

Like you there are some things that I would like to do, doing 'the rock' backwards is one

Chris says there are four spaces left on that one at the mo. Will let you know if I am allowed to go..

Keep an eye out for the new web site for BOAB as I think he will be using some of my pictures and vidios from last year.

Steve

Chris mentioned you visited. The web site says 6 places left for the 2nd week that I'm booked on? There was the rock backwards and the one after it that we all missed but I think with the 25k maps and a bit of research I might find some other tracks to explore along the way :) Can't hurt to get a bit more familiar with how minor RoW work in France for when all ours are gone.

MMMMMMMM

Been there done that.

Be better if Chris wasn't there as well.

I think we are going under our own steam this year. Pocket full of maps and head full of Mischief.

Just go where we want to stop when we want to.

Mal

I don't have a navigator at the moment so that will make it more interesting :mrgreen:

Ray will take his own car if he goes this year but he might be too busy with some work projects. Not having a navigator seems like it would be a good excuse for wandering about all over the place :mrgreen: or I can just blame a rubbish navigator if someone comes along, I'll have an excuse either way :lol:

Back