Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Boost setting?

Is that the one I already bypassed tho?? Just read the chat on that link sounds different to what I did but the one I bypassed is at the top of the engine at the back of the rocker cover?
Im getting so stressed out now I can believe it's worse now than ever??
The actual boost feels better now tho but still the red light I just Wana remove the bulb lol

I'll have a try clamping the one they are talking about by the pump on my lunch break

Wow there nelly hold your horses . Did you just say upping the boost improves how it drives because if so removing the bulb (or disconnecting the sensor) is exactly what i would do !

We'll I duno if that's the reason as I've got plenty of power in all gears it's just the light that's bothering me. I'll try that module tho see if it increases more power lol

but could we be lead away to look deeper into something that could be so simple regarding this poxy turbo light??

If my truck was originally a 2.4 and I've changed to a 1kzt all the plugs which fit have been plugged in but... Is it possible that the turbo sensor from the 2.4 is reading over boost as the 1kzt turbo is a lot larger than the 2.4 therefore that's why I'm getting the red light ??

Because you don't have an ecu i imagine the electrickery is in the dash , just pull the bulb you don't need it now you have a gauge to tell you exactly what your boosting and if you accept 14psi is within the safe zone and enough to give you more power than you need (with the fuel turned up) then you have achieved what you set out to do .

All engines can be tuned until they self destruct but if you want to enjoy it for any length of time you have to know when to stop .

We'll I duno if that's the reason as I've got plenty of power in all gears it's just the light that's bothering me. I'll try that module tho see if it increases more power lol

but could we be lead away to look deeper into something that could be so simple regarding this poxy turbo light??

If my truck was originally a 2.4 and I've changed to a 1kzt all the plugs which fit have been plugged in but... Is it possible that the turbo sensor from the 2.4 is reading over boost as the 1kzt turbo is a lot larger than the 2.4 therefore that's why I'm getting the red light ??

This sounds rather possible. I'm not too sure what the 2.4 runs boost wise but if it's lower than the 1KZT then it'll get triggered more easily. Now that you have a gauge you can set the boost to a known safe level and see how the truck drive. Removing the sensor sounds like the way forward to get rid of the light

I don't know how sensors work but could swapping yours for one like mine be the answer assuming it will physically fit ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have u got a pic of urs?? Shayne has it got a vacuum to it?? Mine is in the inner wing passenger side has a plug with two wires brown and black which go to two sensors

Beau I duno what the 2.4 runs at boost wise?? Also could be due to spooling up a lot quicker than the 2.4 maybe?? I took it off and doesn't run any different with out it ??

Beau I duno what the 2.4 runs at boost wise?? Also could be due to spooling up a lot quicker than the 2.4 maybe?? I took it off and doesn't run any different with out it ??

Once your engine is running fine with the boost increase the light is nothing to worry about. You'll actually be able to boost higher as you won't have the ECU limiting you. However I advise you do some other mods such as exhaust/intercooler to get temps down as well.

Have u got a pic of urs?? Shayne has it got a vacuum to it?? Mine is in the inner wing passenger side has a plug with two wires brown and black which go to two sensors

There's a pic of mine on page 3 of this thread , i have moved it up onto my intercooler now but iirc there was a vacuum pipe to it :think: had i blocked the pipe i imagine my ecu would have slapped me but you don't have one . My pressure sensor is absolutely necessary because it tells the ecu the pump needs more fuel and unfortunately if i over boost to cut fuel - its the limiting factor on the TE and why many replace the pump with a manual one like yours . Your sensor does nothing but cut fuel on over boost and lights up a warning , you don't need it .

Last edited:
Ok then that's handy to know
right then what's a good and really safe boost to stick to then? 12?? 14??

Once your engine is running fine with the boost increase the light is nothing to worry about. You'll actually be able to boost higher as you won't have the ECU limiting you. However I advise you do some other mods such as exhaust/intercooler to get temps down as well.

I haven't got ecu it's all mechanical so I can least set it to boost gauge

Oh yea sorry read that wrong lol
exhaust is next in my list dw beau

Your on your own now , 12 with the correct amount of fuel will give you more than 14 with the incorrect amount of fuel so its all down to how it feels . To max out both will NOT give you more , fuel needs air to burn efficiently so its a case of playing around with things until completely by accident you fluke upon a setting that feels so sweet it might have come off the production line set up that way . You won't find it in a day !

In theory you should be able to get more horses than me but with a standard exhaust downpipe and no intercooler don't go beyond 14 and you know you are safe .

Keep an eye on your temperature gauge !!!

Last edited:
Your on your own now , 12 with the correct amount of fuel will give you more than 14 with the incorrect amount of fuel so its all down to how it feels . To max out both will NOT give you more , fuel needs air to burn efficiently so its a case of playing around with things until completely by accident you fluke upon a setting that feels so sweet it might have come off the production line set up that way . You won't find it in a day !

In theory you should be able to get more horses than me but with a standard exhaust downpipe and no intercooler don't go beyond 14 and you know you are safe .

Keep an eye on your temperature gauge !!!

Hmm mm ok then so no pressure atal then hey.....??! Lol
ok I might try and wire up the 1kzt turbo sensor before I mess about with fuelling then... Does ur truck have green and red lights too shayne??
Cheers

No lights on mine , forget the sensor it does nothing good so your better off without it , mine would be gone but that's not an option with an electric pump . Set your boost to 14 then turn your fuel up a touch , a quarter turn max and go for a spin . Its unlikely to feel right so turn it up another quarter and try it again , continue like that until your happy with it .

Last edited:
No lights on mine , forget the sensor it does nothing good so your better off without it , mine would be gone but that's not an option with an electric pump . Set your boost to 14 then turn your fuel up a touch , a quarter turn max and go for a spin . Its unlikely to feel right so turn it up another quarter and try it again , continue like that until your happy with it .

I think he has the mechanical Pump Shayne, adjusting the fuel is slightly different on this pump... I think there's a separate thread explaining the adjustment though! However I think I remember reading these pumps have whats known as a boost compensator sensor/valve. So when boost is on, the fuel adjust slightly. This may mean you might not to adjust the pump as much as you think, however it'll definitely need upping for maximum performance. A EGT gauge is excellent for tuning.

Beau ur right about egt sensor once I've got an exhaust I plan to get one of them Aswell to monitor the temps

Cool so he can just set boost at 14 choose a max setting for fuel that doesn't leave him in clouds of smoke and he's good to go ............... I'm jealous now must have took me a year to get it right :|

It's always nice to help shayne and if u have any probs I'd be glad to help u out where I can this is all new to me this side of things
thanks for all ur help I'll keep u posted when I alter fuel will tinker at the weekend so I'll let u know how I get on mate cheers

Back