Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Boot floor storage

Acevinduro

Country Flag
uk
Hello
I'm looking for info on boot floor storage into what was the spare wheel space? Anyone had a go at this?
Many thanks

Found this somewhere on the internet, could even be on this forum or ih8mud.
IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0145.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG

On the very few occasions I've been off road my spare wheel has grounded. I assume a box would easily be crushed unless it's quite shallow.

You would have to be pretty selective about what you put in it as well, pain you get to when you’ve got stuff in the back.

Make it a Tad Bigger!.... You could get the spare wheel in it.!!:thumbup:.. Crack on!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I prefer the idea of slinging a tank under the floor pan and using the space that way.
- aux tank
- battery box
- water tank
- diesel heater

Chris installed a box for his battery which I thought was pretty smart. But it’s something that you rarely need to get to.

I have a set of drawers in my 80 so I can get to stuff easier. Hiding it away would be a challenge as I would need to unpack everything. That is unless you are trying to create a secret compartment.

While wanting to keep my 7 seats i've been toying with this idea so leisure solar/split charge battery and water tank are there only when i need them for trips .
Its a vague thought because i can't quite picture whats involved but it would be nice to think i could plug a fridge in and maybe some removable drawers for a week when needed .

I'd be grateful to those who force me to rethink .

The space was IIRC designed for the sub tank @chapel gate was selling? Re @frank rabbets comments about the spare getting fouled. It is not a major job to undo the cross member holding the wheel winch, get some small bore tubing and longer bolts and move the cross member upwards. BTW, if you do this don't go cutting the floor will you. :icon-biggrin:

Looks the same kit thats in my new 81.... can't take any reference pics as the boot is full of engine part's and can't get to the lower boot locker! To even look in there! :laughing-rolling::thumbup:

Back