Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Boredom thread.....post up your favourite TV theme tunes.

I think we are somewhat straying off course from what Towpack originally intende, but still luvvin it !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bonanza, - anybody remember back that far ?

Yep, used to watch that with my Dad who was a big western fan. The Virginian was another favourite.

Now you're talking, Fireball xl5, Thunderbirds, etc

+1 on Fireball XL5, great series. As a pre-pubescent kid I used to think Venus was really good looking! How weird is that :laughing-rolling:
I‘m sure the end theme tune/song was a hit for someone back then?

Mission Impossible 1966 - 1973 Opening and Closing Theme

The Beverly Hillbillies Opening and Closing Theme 1962 - 1971

This'll get yer toes tapping

CHiPs Opening and Closing Theme 1977 - 1983.

They were not Harleys.

I dunno, maybe nostalgia is playing a major part here and the fact that when you‘re a kid you’re much more impressionable but the quality of programs back then seems higher than a lot of the digital sh**e we get fed today and I dont just mean the theme tunes or entertainment programs. Factual programs about current affairs like Man Alive, World in Action, This Week etc and the nature series “World About Us“ was another favourite in our house. Theres no doubt that advances in camera technology etc since then has certainly helped to make some incredible modern day natural history programs but every time I see some jobbing presenter filming another underwater ducumentory I can‘t help thinking Jacques Cousteau was doing this 50 years ago in his “Undersea World” programs, yet another brilliant series from my youth.

Flipper 1964 - 1967 Opening and Closing Theme

You can sing along to this, no one can hear you.

I dunno, maybe nostalgia is playing a major part here and the fact that when you‘re a kid you’re much more impressionable but the quality of programs back then seems higher than a lot of the digital sh**e we get fed today and I dont just mean the theme tunes or entertainment programs. Factual programs about current affairs like Man Alive, World in Action, This Week etc and the nature series “World About Us“ was another favourite in our house. Theres no doubt that advances in camera technology etc since then has certainly helped to make some incredible modern day natural history programs but every time I see some jobbing presenter filming another underwater ducumentory I can‘t help thinking Jacques Cousteau was doing this 50 years ago in his “Undersea World” programs, yet another brilliant series from my youth.
No 'Political Correctness' in those days.

Just for you.

BTW he rediscovered the SS Thistlegorm in the Red Sea. Jacques Cousteau was a very, very interesting man, and a Hero of mine, his life story is fascinating, Lionel (Buster) Crabb is also a Hero of mine.

Jacques Cousteau: Introduction and Credits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back