Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Boris.

As we now live in a society where being successful puts you on a pedestal where it is OK to be mocked and criticised for that success, is it any wonder that those people who could benefit the country keep a low profile.

There are exceptions to this but in insufficient numbers to prevent a race to the bottom.

All IMHO.

Then we need a Covid plan - but what is it ? we let nature take its course and be accused of murder , or we take freedoms to provide the illusion that we are in control , which people will rebel against .

Just on this point; aren't all human medicines and remedies an attempt to fight "nature taking its course"? For example we have pretty much eradicated Smallpox from the face of the earth via vaccination. No doubt one day, Cancer may also go the same way. In the meantime we have banned many carcinogenic substances and stopped using them in our foods. Activities linked like tobacco smoking have been banned in public places - though people are free to do as they please in private.

Why should Covid be any different?

I refuse to believe that an obviously dishonest PM is the best this country has to offer.
For all their faults, I don't think a single PM in my lifetime (or probably since PMs existed) has been as bad as Johnson.

The man's a charlatan, always has been and always will be. (At least he's the same in public life as he is in his private life.)

That's nobody elses fault.

Blair wrote the book, it remains to be seen if Bunter's sequel tops his.
Will also be interesting to see in the fullness of time if Bunter manages to accumulate such massive wealth as Blair, Cameron didn't need such wealth because his family and his mrs' are already rich beyond the dreams of probably everyone here, but these people and those who own the world can never have enough, to say they all make me sick is putting it mildly.

We are in a desperate situation and have been since the Major/Blair era, in that we have two dead parties with sadly little honour or a fag papers difference between them, comprised of mostly interchangeable actors who i suspect don't believe in a single word that utters from their mouths.
Until a viable alternative genuinely conservative* minded party comes along, breath not held, wifey and i will never vote again, i refuse absolutely to vote for the supposed least worse of two parties both of which should have been destroyed and replaced some 25 years ago.

* by conservative i don't mean tory capitalist or whatever, i mean a party who actually wants to conserve what is left of this once fine country its traditions and its people, we don't expect perfection or a free lunch but we do expect truth principle and integrity and that a man's (or woman's) word should stand for something, truth.

Love her or hate her, that's something you got with Thatcher, you asked a question you got a straight answer, you might not like that answer but you got one, i can live with that ta very much, no leader since has been fit to clean her shoes, i had so much mixed emotions about Thatcher but one thing she earned was respect, i don't respect any PM of ours since they stabbed her in the back.
This Covid scam would have been over long ago had Thatcher been PM, can anyone imagine the scathing speech she'd make regarding the dawning repeat of 1930s history manifesting itself in Austria and Germany and the new EU leadership, itself far too cosy with big pharma.
From our present bunch pretending to be a govt? not a word, if anything they're already thinking along the same lines and may already have planned similar mandatory/forced medical interventions and an apartheid society for the remaining dissidents before they have enough re-eduction centres built.

The massive elephants in the room are Vanguard and Black Rock, what they own and via their players known and otherwise have control of is terrifying, what we are only just at the beginning of will not end well and it won't end at all until people find the guts to say NO, and i see precious little of that and too much feeding of the croc in the hope they won't be consumed, didn't a great man once say something along those lines...and no i don't mean Bunter.
Bunter the new Churchill? Jesus wept.

Not sure I follow the Vanguard and BlackRock point - they're fund managers - yes, they invest huge sums, but they don't directly own much of anything - BlackRock is only just inside the top 200 Fortune 500 companies for example - there are much bigger and more significant global players. Am I missing something?

(I don't disagree re Boris and co BTW - its a complete shitshow, whichever way we look at it).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've never voted in my life and don't intend to now. The future is uncertain so no candidate can say they can control it. "Life is what happens when you're making other plans". John Lennon.

Karl,
I think in much of the western world we no longer have govts that have much in the way of control or steering the countries they were elected to serve in the greater sense, minutiea yes.

Doesn't the term 'elected to serve' sound so quaint now, its as relevant to the present day as Enid Blytons wonderful childrens books, as the new western (formerly democracy?) leaders and their ministers/apparatchiks become ever more dictatorial, this is happening in places one isn't exactly surprised, ie Austria/Germany seemingly determined to re-enact the 1930s, but much more surprising is what is happening in Australia and NZ, not to mention Greece and Canada.
This isn't responsible leaders protecting their nations, as increasing numbers of people all over are waking up to the facts of the current health scare farce.

Operation Fear worked well, one must give them credit for that, it was clever diabolical cruel distopian and well planned but i have a sneaky feeling that the authors of this Great Reset (WEF quite openly state their aims) had to bring it forward a few years for some reason or a combination, Trump was a massive thorn in the side of big or world state, as was Brexit in its own way.

Increasingly its world policy on a previously unimaginable grand scale, with those who own the world at the back of it all making and if necessary breaking those elected leaders depending on whether they'll go along with the narrative, or carry out their orders, or a combination of the two.

Yes things are hotting up, ever more divide rules being put in place, apartheid societies now more likely than ever in western nations as the unvaxxed gradually become the Jews of 30's central europe.
Oh you think this is far fetched, well you listen carefully for those who openly state that forced vaccinations (still unlicenced medical treatments) should happen, and many others who think the unclean should be segregated and prevented from mixing with those who have been injected, not as the injected will eb considered clean unless they get the booster and the next ones that are already on order, when exactly does this stop and where will the world we once knew find itself when this is over, will it ever be over, just when is the point that those who have followed the govts line realise that something is very badly wrong about all of this.

Just take a look at what is happening and soon to come in Germany, unvaxxed only allowed to shop for groceries, ID's and Vax status shown at entrances to shops and venues bars etc, Papers Please.
Does anyone for a moments imagine that our current leader (maybe not much longer) Johnson who imagines he is Churchill is going to stand up and say that what is happening in much of the world is wrong and he's saying NO, not a chance of it, they've already dropped hints that a discussion about compulsory (read compelled, later forced?) vaccination must be had, we know where this is going.

Elected to serve? Selected to serve who?

Dave S, you asked about Vanguard and Black Rock, this will explain far more that i ever could

I wonder at myself sometimes as I never read or seen a vid like your last post Juddian , yet it seems so obvious to me , hence i said earlier the planet has been sold many times over or something like that .

If 10 people own 50% of a car either the car has a value of 500% or 8 of them own nothing - to whom does it belong ?

The problem Shayne, is once you start down this hole your realisation of what you were taught to believe the world was changes forever, i truly believe most of us know something is very wrong but can't quite put our finger on it, and i'm probably only just scratching the surface.

Can anyone like me do anything about it? not a chance other than to suggest in my half baked ill educated way to others to switch off the idiot box in the corner, stop reading newspapers, stop listening to radio news and advert broadcasts, and instead seek alternative sources of news etc with an open mind.
I liken taking this action to chickens being liberated from battery cages, this is how it seemed to me when i started to question and deny the MSM over 3 decades ago, it take a month or two but after a while...well all i suggest to people is to try and experiment for one month and see how you feel.
What we can all do though is say NO, anyone not complying or questioning is labelled a conspiracy theorist among other things, water off a ducks back.

The video i posted above i watched, or a very similar one, a good time ago, i thought it was on Utube but a search of my watch history reveals nothing, so probably deleted as many videos saying the wrong thing are.

All the money and expertise in the world can't fix it . The charade must go on because the alternative is a financial crash so severe it will put us back in the dark ages with no hope of recovery .

The turnover must keep turning it makes the world go round .

Juddian - thanks for the link, but the analysis is incomplete and somewhat flawed in its logic.

BlackRock and Vanguard don't own the funds that they are investing - so the reference to trillions of dollars is misleading - this refers to funds under management - which will include company investments but equally private investors, including (for example) UK private pension funds. We could look further at the ownership structures, but this doesn't change the fundamental point that these companies are far from all-powerful, as the article suggests.

But it's easy to create a scary narrative around this, for those that choose to do so, so conspiracy theorists can have a field day with half truths.

I got bored reading the bank of england link , i just dont have the mindset to take it in right now . But is anyone in any doubt that if any one group be it Banks , Governments or top end private entities were to call in all debts owing to them , or settle all the debt they themselves owe today , then they would be declared bankrupt tomorrow .

That's any one group , all three are in the same position .

1639412643589.png

Boris and the Gang , ready for a party at Downing Street (())

Back