Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake discs and pad replacement

Paulpen

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys :icon-biggrin:

Just ordered discs and pads all round from Milners so though id have a quick look around the internet to see what the job will involve (1997 KZJ95)

The rear seems easy enough much like any other vehicle with a drum handbrake however the seems to be conflicting veiws on the front disc replacement :icon-rolleyes:

A few places ive seen show it like a normal car whilst others show splitting the front hub and axle down ?

Ive no issue doing it either way but I can seem to find the size for the big axle nuts (look like 40 - 60mm ?!) and no one mentions any torques (which are always important !) so was wondering if anyone can give me a bit of guidance :oops:

I'm sure it's just a matter of removing calipers and then fitting new disc when I did mine can't quite remember now but sure that's all buddy.

I'm sure it's just a matter of removing calipers and then fitting new disc when I did mine can't quite remember now but sure that's all buddy.

That's all it needs :thumbup:.

If you want to replace the Dust Shield its a different matter as the hub has to come off and that means removing the steering knuckle and pressing the hub assembly out with a BIG press.

Unless you cut the dust shield in half of course :eusa-whistle:.

Bob.

Thats cool then :)

Always best to plan ahead but not everything on the internet is true (certainly when there are varying models and names for things) !

Back