Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake lights - god help me !

Hi Euan

I fitted aftermarket upper lights that came with bulb holders and loom , tapped into the Toyota loom running to bumpers lights behind the left hand side rear paneling (opposite side to the jack store) and to have two reverse lights i simply ran a wire from the one upper working one under the carpet and up to the other light .

Thanks.

Garage had the truck a week then returned it for a few more days and a few days later brake lights blew a fuse , replaced that and a few days later it blew again .

S0 moral of the story is don't buy cheaper replacement bumper lights from milners instead get genuine Toyota lights from roughtrax because i might have saved myself a few hundred quid and some headaches had i done that first :doh:

I've got the replacement milner bumper lights, for about a year now, no trouble Shayne. Odd that you're blowing a fuse. Would suggest a short or a something drawing a high amount of amps?

Looks like i'm late with comments. But just for information.
addec0fd9213.jpg

Connector marked green is stock connector for tow hitch socket. It has 5 pins of 6 which are turns, tale, stop and rear. (and no rear fog).

Blue is junction connections and as far as i understand is responsible for signals on upper rear lights. My European left hand drive wiring has empty wires of turn signals in upper lights and empty fog and rear in right lamp.
For European Prado left lamp is a dummy.
ea1c479s-1920.jpg

I mounted left-side rear driving light. Drilled
25mm hole and installed the used factory bulb.
811c479s-1920.jpg

The stock wires are missed between brown socket near the lower frond left door hinge and black socket behind the glove box.
6f8eeg4le6-1920.jpg

6f8eeg4le7-1920.jpg

Rear fog has red-yellow wire, and rear driving light has red-black.
Two pieces of wires half-meter long can revive empty wires in rear upper right lamp.

But i have no idea about turn signals and consider that the blue junction connector in the screw-jack place is responsible for worknig turns. Hope that this information will help.

I've got the replacement milner bumper lights, for about a year now, no trouble Shayne. Odd that you're blowing a fuse. Would suggest a short or a something drawing a high amount of amps?

They never fit the bumper tidy anyway Beau and thankfully that made me dubious enough not to modify the bumper to fit the lights , a job for next summer if they prove good .

I should have took photos before i binned them but much ado all eventually led to exposed wires inside the bulb holder housing .

Back