Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake Pads

IRLGW

I recently read in an Australian Offroad magazine that 100 series pads fit an 80 series calipers..... Apparently the are a few mm thicker and have a larger friction area...has anyone here tried this combo. I assume it is only for post 92 models..

News to me,
But could be handy if it's true.

This topic has been talked about before glen so someone will come along who knows there stuff on this topic.

From what i remamber though they do fit and are better. Think there was mixed views last time.

Karl

Quite a lot written on MUD about this - some say it makes a difference others say not. I guess if you go through pads quickly, then the 100 ones might be a better bet if only because there is more friction material so should last a bit longer.
FWIW I have replacement 100 and 80 pads for mine - in case I battle to get the 100 pads in, I have an alternative to hand :oops:

I have 100 series pads in my front calipers. Didn't fit myself but was told they went in without any real hassle. Can't comment on whether they are better or not on their own as they were part of total brake upgrade with grooved discs, braided hoses etc. Been running them for about a year now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The 100 pads do fit, although can be a bit snug if fitting with new disks and including the anti sqeal shims behind the pads.

The theory is that the pads provide a wider area of friction material on the disk although going back to basic physics the larger pads will result in less pressure on the disk to a bit of a negative there.

With all things being equal I suspect that you won't notice a missive difference fitting them, although if the rest of the braking system is in tip top condition it would be a worth while next step.

Back