Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake Warning light.

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
I have noticed that since my new suspension setup went in that the brake warning light (Handbrake light) will flick on briefly, usually when changing from 2nd to 3rd (quite agressively). I am thinking that it may have something to do with the LSPV but I may well be wrong. braking seem fine. handbrake is shocking (well pointless TBH) and at first I thought it may just be the micro switch. but flicking the handbrake lever up and down show it seems to be working ok.

ohh ohh Writing this I have just had a thunk. I might have trapped a wire when I put my centre console back in??? Will have a check and report back but any other ideas would prove helpful.

Cheers
Chris

Chris check your brake fluid level in the reservoir, I had this on Lil'Blue till I topped it up...

+1 on the fluid level, I posted about this here before, as i was puzzled myself. it's a warning of low fluid usually. Triggered by the movement of the truck.

OK feel like a plonker now. Should have thought of that in the first place instead of making things more complicated than they need be.

We've all been there!!

I have to hold my hand up for that too. :oops:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I completely striped a 2 stroke dirtbike engine once , fitted new clutch and piston , put it all back together and nothing would make it start , so i stripped it again and double checked everything without finding a single fault . Put it back together and sat on the bike to say a little prayer before i attempted to start it . Thats when i noticed the kill switch !

I completely striped a 2 stroke dirtbike engine once , fitted new clutch and piston , put it all back together and nothing would make it start , so i stripped it again and double checked everything without finding a single fault . Put it back together and sat on the bike to say a little prayer before i attempted to start it . Thats when i noticed the kill switch !

Oh we have a winner :whistle:

Ha Ha Classic:lol:

I got asked to look at someones moped - apparently it'd been sat for a while because it'd start, run for a few seconds and die. They'd changed the fuel line, carbs, fuel filter, gone spare over it. I took a look at it and noticed sugar in the bottom of the tank!

Anyway, +1 for fluid level - my 95 was low when I got it, topped it off and it's fine. Reckon it may be due to worn pads (there's a lot of volume behind the brake caliper pistons, probably more volume than there is capacity in the reservoir) but just be careful when you back off the calipers to renew the pads, it's likely to overflow out of the reservoir when it comes time to change them

Strangely, today whilst waiting for the boss to turn an alarm on and lock the door at a customers property, I pumped the brake pedal a few times and the warning light flashed on and off as I did it, usually after the first 2 or 3 pumps - Is this the vacuum assist telling me to stop peeing about with the pedal or do you think there might be a problem? First thing I did was check the fluid level and its fine.
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Mine does the same steve and has since i get her 4 yrs ago

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Back