Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Breakdown Cover

joinerman

Garage
Not sure if this is in the right section or should be in insurance,
Just had the renewal in from the AA, silver cover for my wife and son, £194, coughs and splutters, annoys me that renewal is 1st April, they tried to take continues payment on my card before the 15th of this month, luckily it was declined as care details had changed, called them tonight, they will reduce premium to £136 and wouldn't comment on the card payment declined, Not going to give them my custom anymore, any recommendations ?

Try Club Toyota? They're AA under the covers but I cannot fault them for bailing me out in Italy. I just renewed for £86 (IIRC) which covers me for everything, everywhere.

If the car is young enough then the manufacturers recovery deal is often the best bet.

Check out Auto Aid. Works differently to other breakdown cover in that you pay for the recovery and recliam the money from them. More like an insurance policy. £39 per year and includes your wife.

Check your own insurer first - they nearly always give you basic cover but you can upgrade that to the same as full AA/RAC cover for a small premium. We did with the NFU and the extra was about £35!!!!!

beause i got to europe and 2 of my vehicles are over 12 years old i now use http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/default.aspx which is a lot cheap for me

i broken done early last month at a pay and play site rang adac in germany and i was on a recovery truck in about 90 mins

And guess who turn up the AA

20140119_160323.jpg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have been with ADAC for a number of years as they are the only outfit who will recover our large caravan, the cost for myself and wife is only €98.00 per year for any vehicle we travel in and in any European country, in the UK it includes 'home start'...

http://www.rescuemycar.com/ is who I am with. Any car for I think £34 a year. So even if you did 3 lots its only £102!! Not sure if they would cover all 3 of you in one go as I have never looked as my wife does not drive.

Should have made it clearer, I need cover for shmbo my boy and myself, all got different vehicles.

I worked that out, but as I said, might be cheaper to do everyone for personal cover. But they might do family cover. I just never look at it as I am the only driver in my home.

Back