Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bring it back

It was a model replaced by an A380, can't remember if it was emirates or singapore.
The one over by hatton cross was a real one, sitting outside the hangar. Just looked on google maps and its not there anymore.
I remember seeing three Concordes at Heathrow on google earth, long gone now.
I have a couple of souvenirs from a Concorde, a cargo hold ligjht frame and a turbine blade from an engine.

I used to hear it come in and go out as a kid in South East London.
I remember it coming over our house every evening about 9pm on its way to Heathrow, and my mum saying "There goes Conky"

Visited the one at Brooklands museum last year, it was the aircraft used for Concorde to get flight certification. Certainly is very small by modern standards, but the speed of travel was awesome

There used to be a Concorde or maybe it was a replica in the centre of the roundabout on the entrance road to the airport just before the tunnel under the runways, but it was swapped for some other airlines aircraft that probably paid Heathrow masses for the advertising value.
There's still a BA Concorde parked near the main BA maintenance hangar on the south side of Heathrow. Still beautiful as ever. There's an early prototype at Yeovilton in Somerset that you can walk through; another at Duxford, one more at Filton, near Bristol. I've seen AF models at Orly, Charles de Gaulle and Toulouse.

I don't think many were scrapped - there were only 20 built, I think, and pretty much all are survivors are on display / at museums.

Maybe they were just decommissioned quickly, with that number surviving you're probably right that few were actually scrapped.

I saw the first UK one take off from Filton. Those days you could get close to the runway. What a noise.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There's still a BA Concorde parked near the main BA maintenance hangar on the south side of Heathrow. Still beautiful as ever. There's an early prototype at Yeovilton in Somerset that you can walk through; another at Duxford, one more at Filton, near Bristol. I've seen AF models at Orly, Charles de Gaulle and Toulouse.

I don't think many were scrapped - there were only 20 built, I think, and pretty much all are survivors are on display / at museums.

There's one at The Scottish National Museum of Flight at East Fortune (East Lothian, out along the A1 from Edinburgh):

http://www.nms.ac.uk/national-museum-of-flight/

I remember Concord taking off from Edinburgh Airport - it rattled all the windows around the farm :lol:.

The grumpy old git of a farmer said "He just used more fuel than I use in a year :shock:".

Bob.

There's one at The Scottish National Museum of Flight at East Fortune (East Lothian, out along the A1 from Edinburgh):

http://www.nms.ac.uk/national-museum-of-flight/

I remember Concord taking off from Edinburgh Airport - it rattled all the windows around the farm :lol:.

The grumpy old git of a farmer said "He just used more fuel than I use in a year :shock:".

Bob.

I was reading some of the history last night, and the article said that none were scrapped, they all went somewhere designated, museums, and the like.

The grumpy old farmer was right, 10 tons of fuel used taxiing from runway to gate, was one figure in the article, 100 tons to cross the Atlantic, 1 ton per passenger! Current aircraft use about 40 tons for the same journey.

I remember "Concordski" breaking up at the Paris air show. They gave up after that.

Oh dear…if you listen carefully you might just hear it's owner sobbing, uncontrollably…:crying-blue:

I was watching the news saying it will never ever fly again. Couple of months later i saw it pass over my house in south east london i told my mate i saw the concorde again they didnt believe me same day on the news they were saying its back. But didnt last long couple of weeks and it retired for ever:( how nice it would be to see a new one same shape same sound

Back