Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

C channel with lip

Rob

Garage
I am trying to find some c channel with a lip where I can slot the head of a bolt in at one end and move it along the length. I am trying to mount my roof tent onto my roof rack and my used Howling Moon tent did not come with any on the bottom. Instead it has 8 holes and 4 U bolts which are in the wrong place. I have tried a few metal stockists but they only have c or u channel. I have tried Douglas motors for their tie down channel but that will not work apparently. Worse case scenario I will bolt the tent onto the rack but his means opening it and climbing into it while its on the roof.

Rob, I know exactly what you mean. Try Mark at Terrain, where I got my roof tent from. It's a copy of a HM and he said that he kept spares of everything in stock plus all parts were interchangeable with HM. I don't have a number a but a quick Gurgle should find them. They are in Hastings.

Chris

Thanks Chris, just called Mark and its the same story as every roof tent place 'they only come with the tent'. Some places can order them but it will take months.

Do you mean like some box section with a slot the width of the bolt shank cut down one side? ;)

Yes that's what I need. Ideally I would like it to be the right size for a M8 or M10 bolt head so it will not turn when fastening. It seems that I may have found some, Barry from Waypoint Tours has a set off his old Howling Moon tent that he is willing to part with. Fingers crossed that he can find them.

Rob Google T Track if that is what you are after the ally stuff by Rutlands is very strong.

Failing that try any decent electrical wholesaler they will have similar to what you need for hanging cable trays off.

Derek

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Another brand name is unistrut - I wish you'd mentioned this before the weekend Rob... I could probably have brought some with me.. DOH!!! :evil:

Look up your local crane repair company. They use to for the cabling along the girders or gantry. We called it C-Track. Not sure what it's called here.
Try "The track that the pendant runs along in" :?:

Not sure on size though, normally large.

Got some "original" Howling Moon c channel of Barry from Waypoint tours. All I need to do is fit it. Thanks for the info, will now know where to start looking next time.

Back