Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can anyone recommend someone who can make these ?

Shayne

Guru
DSCF2144_zpsfm8dxsv4.jpg

I have waited two months for a set of wheel spacers i can actually fit .

what is it? pictures of the ends and sizes would be great how many?

Its a wheel spacer nut i need 8 of them and i've been told 5/8 and 518 and god knows what else thread size all i can be sure of is they are a UNF thread very similar to but not matching the metric m16 x 1.5 . I would just send the stud and the nut that doesn't fit it .

The sellers just responded he has ordered the metal as discussed a week ago and will get them to me very quickly once it arrives . To give him his due he always responds but i do have to wonder what sort of clock fabricators actually work to , do engineers have an average life expectancy of 700 years by any chance :think:

Odd i can get most things made up pretty quick but will need proper details of what you are after. not seen a spacer nut like that before? what does the spacer look like?

Right they aren't wheels spacers really they are wheel adaptor plates. I see now. Converting your trailer to Toyota PCD

Might be easier to machine those out of some wheel nuts that fit the thread. It's the shoulder into the spacer that's the critical bit

What a very peculiar spacing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Where is the 5th stud for the trailer hub landrovers are 5 stud. that looks like it will only bolt down on 2/3 of the hub?

the pcds are not very nice between the 2 you need.

Can't machine them out of a nut that does fit because then i wouldn't get a spanner on the nut when its flush and pcd means i can't have bigger holes in the spacers . PCD was never gonna be great but i reckon a missed stud gives you a stronger hold than the alternative which is to have two inner and two outer studs virtually in the same hole .

I've already had the centre bored out a few mm to fit over the hub . I wish now i had just had some landrover wheels rebanded to get the offset i need but with nigh on 600 quid invested in adapters wheels and tyres and 2 months already wasted i do feel hard of starting again .

I am sure there was a way of getting all 5 studs done. Not sure if i would be happy with the 4 studs like that myself but its got you over a tricky stage so good luck.
stu

Shayne, what PCD was the standard trailer fitment? Was there nothing on market with converting the PCD over? I normally see them about, but only the one's that are possible.

That missing 5th lug to attach onto the trailer does look a bit worrying. I'm wondering if it could cause any potential problems for you. If you're planning on giving the trailer some abuse and long distance travelling, I'd find out from someone who knows if they'll be ok? Just a thought...

Nothing off the shelf to do the conversion.
I dont think I would risk the trip to Romania with only the 4 studs to be honest. It's alot of time and money to have a wheel come off in the middle of nowhere. Don't forget it will affect other peoples holiday.

You could get a custom set of steel wheels made up for around £100 ea to get your track if your that concerned about it. I wouldn't worry that much to be fair the cruisers.will drag almost anything.

Sorry to sound harsh but wheels coming off is a very serious thing on the highway.

Good luck
Stu

I'm not worried about the missing stud the because by design the nut cannot come off the stud even if it comes loose unless the wheel is removed first , and the stud can't screw off the nut because it's splined . Plenty of cars going about with just 4 M12 studs holding the wheels on and trailer wheels do not suffer anywhere near the forces applied to driven wheels .

I'm not worried about the missing stud the because by design the nut cannot come off the stud even if it comes loose unless the wheel is removed first , and the stud can't screw off the nut because it's splined . Plenty of cars going about with just 4 M12 studs holding the wheels on and trailer wheels do not suffer anywhere near the forces applied to driven wheels .
If the nuts come loose even a little bit the spacer will move and the studs will fatigue fracture and shear off, which is why people sometimes lose a wheel when running spacers because they haven't been able to check the spacer nuts are tight. Those using 4 M12 studs will have the 4 at an even spacing so the loads are even, using 4 of 5 studs is not the same, might get away with it, or might be more likely to get loose nuts and a loose wheel ... :icon-wink:

Last edited:
Regardless of the PCD, the spacing for a 5 lug to 6 lug should look like this, surely?

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 21.05.16.jpg

They come in two parts. The first ring bolts onto the 5 stud hub, then the second ring bolts over the top. It doesn't matter where the bolt holes go at that point. Hence the odd pattern of black bolt heads. They are NOT the top of the 5 studs.

Hi Shayne,not wanting to put a downer on anything buddy but please take care as my brother has just lost a wheel the other week off his boat trailer and he was lucky no one was hurt,but what a mess of the trailer had to put new axels on and loads of fibreglass had to be replaced on his trailer.have you had a look at boat trailer wheels as the stud set out looks very similar to my brothers and they are a funny off set,just a thought mate and good luck hope you get it sorted.

Back