Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Car vs Kudu

:o That is one very, very lucky guy! A guy I worked with was in a car that hit a donkey in the Cape one night. He was the only one in the car that survived.

And 2 friends of mine from school were in the back of a bakkie (pickup) when a kudu jumped from right to left - both guys dead from broken necks etc. :-(

Tip - if travelling at night where kudu roam, keep the dome light on so they can see you - apparently they always jump behind the lights. And they can JUMP!

It would have been worse if it had been a kudu bull!! Imagine those horns flying into the car, plus a 50% bigger animal.

:o Close call...!

Expensive biltong and how would you explain this in a newspaper AD. 1x 2009 Ford hot hatch, generally silver in colour. First of it's kind open top, A/C works well. Quick sale needed.... :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Deer and wild boar are a hazard round here .I ran over a dead wild boar about two years ago , it had just been hit by a mondeo going the other way.the car was well paggered & the driver still shaking like a leaf.another motorist who stopped promptly claimed the roadkill & asked me for a hand to load it into his boot!waste not want not :thumbup:

Yeah read that too - pretty awful. Bad for the cattle - cruisers came through pretty well though!

LCCSA said:
You are trying to access a restricted area.

We're sorry, but we have reserved this area of our site for registered users only

You can register for free by following this link, thus granting you permission to access this area of our site.

Thank you for your understanding

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

How about a link for us mere mortals?

Wow that 76 survived that BIG accident well :clap: Amazing that the vehicle was drivable after such a big impact.

I suspect more like how fast was the moegoe in the car going ???

Car vs Elephant

This Elephant looks like the same one I photographed a few weeks ago.

This is also in Pilanesberg:

[attachment=6:38b44mui]ATT13722978.jpg[/attachment:38b44mui]
[attachment=5:38b44mui]ATT13722979.jpg[/attachment:38b44mui][attachment=4:38b44mui]ATT13722980.jpg[/attachment:38b44mui][attachment=3:38b44mui]ATT13722981.jpg[/attachment:38b44mui][attachment=2:38b44mui]ATT13722982.jpg[/attachment:38b44mui][attachment=1:38b44mui]ATT13722983.jpg[/attachment:38b44mui][attachment=0:38b44mui]ATT13722984.jpg[/attachment:38b44mui]

Attachments

• ATT13722978.jpg
    ATT13722978.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 186
  • ATT13722979.jpg
    ATT13722979.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 162
  • ATT13722980.jpg
    ATT13722980.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 163
  • ATT13722981.jpg
    ATT13722981.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 163
  • ATT13722982.jpg
    ATT13722982.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 168
  • ATT13722983.jpg
    ATT13722983.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 169
  • ATT13722984.jpg
    ATT13722984.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 165
How big car do you need to avoid that?

Gary Stockton said:
I suspect more like how fast was the moegoe in the car going ???

Gary

Unless you know something the rest of us don't, could you please explain in what way the "idiot" was in ANY way responsible for this accident? There are loads of better examples of stupidity displayed on South African roads but I fear that this incident isn't one of them.

John

Considering that a pretty large kudu cow managed to traverse the entire vehicle front to back doing incredible damage I think it's safe to assume the driver was not doing anything reasonable in terms of speed. You just have to look at souther Africa's record for speed-related road deaths to figure that one out.

But who knows - that may have been the Usain Bolt of the kudu world ...

Doubt it though. Happy to be proven wrong but I'm going with prior experience on this. I have lived in southern Africa for something in excess of 45 years, so have some experience to draw on.

And no, before you suggest it, I am not basing this in any way, shape or form on the colour of the driver!

Gary

I'd advise you to read the article again, carefully. The fact that the driver in question was able to maintain control of his car during the duration of the incident, indicates to me that he wasn't driving like a crazy man. It was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time as far as I'm concerned but you may see things differently..............

John

Dark Dude said:
The fact that the driver in question was able to maintain control of his car during the duration of the incident, indicates to me that he wasn't driving like a crazy man. It was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time as far as I'm concerned but you may see things differently..............

John
The article says;

"The driver ducked instinctively as it happened and was able to avoid most of the carnage. He also held tightly onto the steering wheel, suffering only slight injury to his one hand and a whack to the face from the airbag. When he lifted his head he was on the gravel on the ‘wrong side of the road’ where he was able to stop the car without losing control"

that sounds like more luck than judgement to me, clutching the wheel tightly and ending up on the wrong side doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't driving like a mad thing, he must have been travelling at a fair rate of knots for that much damage to have occured, I think he was just one very lucky man. And does it mean he only had one hand or only one was injured?

Back