Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Caster Adjustment

fridayman

Garage
I understand how the toe in and camber are adjusted, but how do you adjust the caster on the 90/95 series?

Help!? I have a 2" lift, I'm pretty sure my caster is way out. If my suspicions are correct, you use the camber adjusters to set the caster, and my camber adjusters are at max setting :(

yep thats how you adjust it ;)

I would be surprised if they are at full tilt and still out, you need to adjust the tracking if the camber bolts are adjusted as it pulls the tracking way out and I mean way out

It will feel twitchy if its out and knock the tyres out very quickly if either are out

I took mine to a tyre place that could do the lot and spent £50, make sure you use a reputable place though if you do

There may be some info in this thread for you viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8369&hilit=lazer

sae70 said:
I don't get any rubbing with my 255/85/16 KM2's :? :think:

After the tyres were fitted

PA240712.jpg

They popped her up on the Lazer track & set up the tracking & caster for me after I'd had a chat with the technitian about the idea of moving the wheel forwards buy adjusting the caster forwards, I'm not sure if this was done as I understand the caster adjustment also changes the camber they go hand in hand if you like :)

But the up shot is, no rubbing :thumbup:

PA240716.jpg

PA240717.jpg

PA240718.jpg

PA240719.jpg

and I still have my front mud flaps fitted :D

PB100022.jpg

PB100020.jpg

Don't get me wrong it is close but there is no rubbing :)

sae70 said:
Before
PA240717a.jpg

After
PA240719a.jpg

The camber and toe in on mine are spot on, just not the caster. Both wheels are equally out though, so it doesn't cause tyre wear or drifting, but I it does make the steering feel quite light and the truck doesn't hold a line as well as before. This becomes slightly worse when braking hard and the truck has a tendency to wanted to dive left or right (depending on steering, ridges in the road surface, etc). I need to go back to the alignment place and see what they can do with the camber adjusters already at max - I don't understand how they use the camber adjusters to move the wheel forward or backwards though..?

Had caster, camber and toe in re-adjusted today. Caster and camber are near the limits, but within spec. The truck drives MUCH better.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
fridayman said:
The camber and toe in on mine are spot on, just not the caster. Both wheels are equally out though, so it doesn't cause tyre wear or drifting, but I it does make the steering feel quite light and the truck doesn't hold a line as well as before. This becomes slightly worse when braking hard and the truck has a tendency to wanted to dive left or right (depending on steering, ridges in the road surface, etc). I need to go back to the alignment place and see what they can do with the camber adjusters already at max - I don't understand how they use the camber adjusters to move the wheel forward or backwards though..?

:thumbup:

Back